Monday, October 02, 2006

The Monday Blues

Since I began working, I’ve liked Mondays. After a weekend of chaos it’s nice to go to my quiet little office and lose myself in things that make sense.

But not today. Today has been the Monday from hell!

It started last night, with projectile vomiting, care of P. Thankfully, my resident Spider Slayer (also known as the BH), can cope with sick. Unlike me.

But it meant P wasn’t going to school today, which in turn meant I couldn’t go to work.

That didn’t deem so bad last night, as I’m behind with loads of stuff, and I decided to look upon the day as a break from the norm (which is always good!)

Unfortunately a ravenous mosquito decided to sleep with me. Stupid bug obviously hasn’t been told us smokers aren’t supposed to get eaten alive!

But that wasn’t the worst. The worst was my own stupidity. Though I’m being harsh upon myself, as in all fairness I was still half asleep when I attempted to put my new contact lenses in. How the heck was I to know I’d picked up the wrong bottle of solution to rinse my lenses in? Bloody knew when the peroxide hit my eye! Still sore, and still feeling sorry for myself.

9 Comments:

Blogger Page Turner said...

Peroxide in your eye!!?? That can't be good! Poor you.

My Monday is just beginning and I'm not optimistic about it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that our days get better.

Monday, October 02, 2006 2:21:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

As an (ex-) contact lens wearer, I was always concerned I was going to soak my lenses in something painful - after all, it's difficult to see with no lenses in, isn't it?

Poor you.

Monday, October 02, 2006 4:13:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Good grief, did you piss off the Gods? Sounds like you are having quite the Monday. I hope your week gets better!

Monday, October 02, 2006 4:44:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

oh no!! i hope you rinsed your eye well - says the eye tech. I pulled a wayward contact out of someones eye today - she was eternally grateful. Hope the week gets better.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 2:41:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

It sounds just like my week. I hope your eye doesn't sting too bad.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 11:06:00 am  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

unholy cow! peroxide in the eyes!!!! i hope you're okay...what did it do? bubble and stingd? no damage i hope.....perhaps just cleaned them.....

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 6:20:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

OUCH!

I suppose this is a bad time to ask, but are you nanoing again this year?

Friday, October 06, 2006 1:53:00 am  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

ouch!!! that HAD to hurt. sorry lady. hope the eye feels better soon!

Friday, October 06, 2006 3:46:00 am  
Blogger Monique said...

OUCH!!! You did have a bad Monday, didn't you? I hope the rest of the week went better.

Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home