Saturday, September 02, 2006

Here I am, AGAIN!

After my absence of late, I bet you’re wondering what has caused me to appear for the third time in three days (though I’m not prepared to put any money on that bet!), well a couple of things…

The first is my touch typing still sucks and I’ve been slipping into bad habits (my sanity is sometimes at stake through sheer frustration) and so I figured I should practice some, and this seem like one way to do it. Hope you don’t mind.

Another reason is, I didn’t want the previous post top of the page. My dad’s now doing great, and the hospital have now let him out and declared he’s getting old (at least in body, and between that and being so tall and broad, his body’s having a hard time keeping the blood getting around) they’ve also said he may require a pace-maker - in about three years time!

Well that definitely doesn’t sound too pessimistic and so I have completely stopped worrying about him, after all who knows where any of us will be in three years and there’s only so much energy I can afford to waste worrying about a future so distant!

I’m also going to tell you how clever Dave is (like we didn’t know!) He found me on Hot or Not – in no time at all! We managed to exchange notes, but discovered you have to pay to exchange messages. Bummer, as you all know how tight I am. (Umm I’m wondering how that last sentence sounds in anyone who speaks English but isn’t British. Then again, I’m not changing it, as you lot do know me, and recognise it can be nothing but innocent (that had better be what you’re thinking!!))

Other news includes finishing off the kids school shopping, hurrah for another year. Though I am starting to panic that there’s only a week of holidays left and then the chaos starts up again. Very nervous too as we’ve now arranged for activities after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays, with the remained crammed into Saturday mornings. On the one hand it’s nothing short of a maser-piece of schedule engineering, on the other dear heavens, what have I done??!! Running ten minutes behind will destroy everything! And then there’re the school runs. No more nursery now S is at big school with J, but now R is off in another direction and has to be there half an hour earlier than ever before. Guess we’ll just have to see how it works. Assuming it works at all…

And finally, the dog. Even thinking about the blasted beast makes me wince and rub my eyes. We managed to get hold of some Deter (like Forbid, but I couldn’t get that at all over here) but though the damn dog likes the tablets just fine and happily gobbles them down, he’s still gobbling down his poops. And socks. He’s very fond of socks. In fact the other night he was sick (it’s not unusual, and wouldn’t you be?) and revealed three socks! As if trying to get the children not to strew them about the place and lose them isn’t hard enough, now the damn dog has decided to clean up their act and eat the evidence. Of course his act isn’t so clean when it all comes up over our beige carpet, but I digress and you might be eating.

Anyhows, the dog is driving everyone nuts and the BH is starting to mutter and glare (never good!) and even I have to admit, I don’t think any of our previous mutts were this badly behaved. Kobi’s just so darned stupid. Even when we’re cross with him he’s too dumb to realise it and scoots around gleefully as if we’re paying him a compliment.

But I am trying. I’m even reading a dog training book – and that is a real reflection of my love for him as I am not a fan of these ‘how to control/improve/contain your dog/children/emotions/life/depression/etc. books’. Having said that, it’s surprisingly interesting stuff as I hadn’t previously thought about how a dog sees the world. Makes me wonder if Ryker realised he was a dog.

So these are my thoughts, along with ‘ Why the hell can’t I type quicker?’

Have a good weekend!

11 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

Glad yr. Dad is doing better. I'm getting scared just hearing about your schedule. My one is easy now that he broke his wrist - no more back and forth to the football field. Tho I do miss seeing him so happy doing it. As for the dog, our pup have finally settled down (he's 2) so i'm afraid you may have a ways to go. I think it's especially hard after having an older well-behaved dog. Training definitely helps. Maybe you can use the dogs sock antics to get your children to put their socks in the hampers ( yea right) if they know it'll make the dog sick and he's(and you) been lucky throwing them back up, i've heard of them having to be removed surgically.
well hang in there.

Saturday, September 02, 2006 7:12:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

Glad to read your uppity post. Uppity in spirit, if not in topic.

It's late, but just wanted to say "hey, I've been reading you."

Sunday, September 03, 2006 5:51:00 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Aww, poor Kobi, I was hoping he'd smarten up. I'm glad your dad is doing better; dads are so precious.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Sunday, September 03, 2006 7:32:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

When I read it, it seems like you're typing fast.
Your dog is freaky. reminds me of the dog on the movie "Snatch"
Glad your Dad is doing better

Monday, September 04, 2006 1:10:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

ok, i have to know is that hot or not thing a joke? you're not really on there, rite? I've been looking but i haven't found you. :D

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 3:59:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

Glad to hear things are going well for you (dog habits notwithstanding). You sound so terribly productive--makes me wonder why, with all the time I've had this summer, I have so little to show for it. Hmmm. Kids are back at school, so I might make a turn around. We'll see...
Kristy
dangerpanda.com

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:08:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

Thank goodness your dad's better!!!
That must be such a relief; Hugs all around!
Kobi sounds like a sweet problem puppy. Not bad, just immature. I hope you find a way to train him!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:39:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Dogs are supposed to make you happy, not much the other way around. I would give that dog the lecture, wait for it to shape up, and be prepared to ship it back to where it came from. (Hell?)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 6:10:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I'm happy you AND your Dad are feeling better. As for the dog, can't help you there. We're cat people ;)

Thursday, September 07, 2006 4:58:00 pm  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

jona...thanks again for such warmth of your writings it makes me laugh....that dog and socks...hehehehehe!

Friday, September 08, 2006 6:39:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Ok, call me mother hen, but after a week i start to worry. Plus i miss your posts. post damnit, post. ;D

Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:25:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home