Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Changing habits

I think I’m at a better place. For me that is. As far as friends, children and responsibilities go, I’ve become a truly lazy mare.

I’m motivated to do next to nothing, and so I sit and read a lot of the time, which happens to be costing a fortune as our library doesn’t carry the books I want - but don’t ask what they are – I’m too embarrassed to admit anything more than there are plenty of Vikings and Highlanders involved!

Oh and Craiglist. Have you heard of it? Apparently very well known although I didn’t discover it until last week. Read ‘The Best of’ if you’re after a giggle or two, though I’ll warn, it is somewhat addictive!

So apart from reading, I’ve been up to… not a lot. R had his 12th birthday, but had a better offer elsewhere so spent it at a friends, though he did get to come home the following day and enjoy his birthday all over again.

And the BH is now on holiday. From work, not us. Being the opposite to me, he’s itching to get on with things, though I’m quickly managing to subdue his energy burst. He also shaved off his beard. Last time he dared to, I threw a hissy fit and refused to kiss him until it grew back. But that was over a decade ago, and this time I’m instead making the most of his clean shave. Whilst it lasts. Which I don’t think it will. The kids, bless their little hearts, didn’t even notice. And I have to admit it took me half an hour to work out what was different, but I was reading and the lighting was dim (that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it!)

I was also supposed to see the doctor last week to get more happy pills. Unfortunately I didn’t want the kids in tow, and so waited so long, she’d gone on her hols and I couldn’t get an appointment. Instead I had to ask my regular Doctor (the dishy Dr. B) for a repeat prescription, which has led to a summons. I’m going on Friday and am geared up for a lecture, as I know, he knows, I know, he wouldn’t have been so quick to let me take them. Or maybe he’ll surprise me.

The bonus of this post, is that I got tagged by Daisy. Bonus, because I may not have posted otherwise (lucky you!). Only downside is it’s one that gives away more detail than I’d like, so instead of using my real names, I’m using previous ones I’ve used. Because yes, I’ve had a few, and though some of you may think you know how and why, I can guarantee there's more you don't know! Irritatingly my 'other' names haven’t made my answers any more amusing, ho-hum.



1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet and current street name)

Cindy Vaux

2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandfather/grandmother on your mom's side, your favorite candy)

Shelly Snicker

3. YOUR "FLY GIRL/GUY" NAME: (first initial of first name, first two or three letters of your middle name)

Jmich

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)

Terracotta Dog

5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)

Michelle Selaw

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of mom's maiden name and first 3 letters of the town you grew up in.)

Carjo Hasto

7. Terrorist Name: (middle name spelled backwards, your mom's maiden name spelled backwards).

Ellehcim Reprah

8. SUPERHERO NAME: (your favorite color, favorite drink)

Terracotta Tea


And, as usual, you're ALL tagged ;o)

7 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

You sound great! don't let Dr. B belittle you, they don't know everything.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 4:27:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet and current street name)

Samantha West

2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandfather/grandmother on your mom's side, your favorite candy)

Minnie Reeses (LOL)

3. YOUR "FLY GIRL/GUY" NAME: (first initial of first name, first two or three letters of your middle name)

KJEA

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)

Purple Cat (I was going to say Pussy ROFL, but I won't )

5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)

Jean Logan

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of mom's maiden name and first 3 letters of the town you grew up in.)

Raskaosple

7. Terrorist Name: (middle name spelled backwards, your mom's maiden name spelled backwards).

Naej dlawso

8. SUPERHERO NAME: (your favorite color, favorite drink)

Purple Ameretto

That was fun! I'm glad you're in a better place, hang in there...

Tuesday, August 15, 2006 5:55:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

My Rockstar name: Mr. Terrif Highway Two...

I don't want to do the rest, I'm sure it'll ownly get better. I just wanted to let you know that as of Sunday, we have a six week old yellow lab puppy.

Maybe Kobi and Howie can get together for play date. :-)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:06:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Did I actually spell only as ownly?

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 1:49:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh good, I haven't got anything to say tomorrow, so now I have.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:10:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

Love the Shelly Snicker - perfect movie star name!!
LOL!
What is a summons? Do the doctors disagree with each other about treatments? I hope everything works out!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:44:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Rdl – Thank you, and he won’t, he’s an old friend (which is half the problem, lol!)

Karen, Purple Pussy is perfectly acceptable in here, us Brits are innocent to your colloquialisms ;o)

Mm – I am so pleased for you! I look forward to you being inspired to create a photolog of his adventures (the good and the bad ;o))

Dave, happy to help, as ever!

Hi Sam, I’ve been with my regular Dr since I was 14 and he does know me better than most, it’s not so much that the Drs are likely to disagree, it’s just that Dr B isn’t crazy about pills and likes to explore ALL other avenues first – which is great sometimes, and infuriating at others. He provided my repeated prescription with a note saying he wants to see me and a phial of blood, soon – I’ve been summoned ;o)

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 6:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home