Friday, July 14, 2006

You stinker!

This dog is driving me to distraction (I was going to write nuts, but I don’t need the dog for that) though in a lot of ways he has gotten better over the past couple of weeks, no, I have just two major problems left, and though I’m almost embarrassed to mention them here, I’m going to, as I’ll take any advice I can!

The first is: his willy (I wonder how many google hits that will earn me ;o)) This dog won’t put it away. Whenever he sits down, out it pops, which of course amuses the children no end, but doesn’t tickle me so much.

The other is: He’s greedy. And I mean beyond reason. Bad enough he’ll jump to take food off the table or out of the children’s hands, but that isn’t what bothers me most. The most bothersome habit is (actually I’ve discovered I AM embarrassed to write this), checking his poop to see if there’s anything worth eating over again.

There, I said it. Even thinking about it makes me feel ill, and I’ll bet you’re sitting there thinking ‘Gee, thanks Jona, now I feel ill too!’ Sorry, but I need help, or rather, my dog does.

And with this information confided, you can guess his tummy still isn’t settled. Which in turn, leads to some very unhappy mornings (he had become clean overnight, until this latest habit). My kitchen now has just two smells, yuck and bleach, and neither is how I want my kitchen to smell!

Other news includes, more sports days. J enjoyed hers, though we all got wet due to a sudden cloud burst.

And R had his, but I didn’t realise I could have gone to watch R’s (there was no letter to say so!), not that I could have gone, as it was at the same time as J’s. And R came home disappointed as he came fourth in the 400m, which I know that doesn’t sound so bad, but there was only four runners.

I of course did the mom thing of explaining that we all have different gifts and strengths, his father on the other hand started laughing.

S also had her ballet recital yesterday, and that was another activity I couldn’t make, as I was busy on the school run. But the BH made her day by watching his littlest darling prance around in borrowed ballet shoes two sizes too big for her (but she didn’t fall over!)

My stress level went through the roof on Wednesday night, due to a dear friend being rushed into hospital with suspected meningitis. Thankfully it wasn’t, and she’s recovering quickly, but between that and my doctor’s appointment scheduled for Thursday morning, I didn’t sleep so well.

The doctor’s appointment went okay I suppose, and I was glad I didn’t end up a blubbering mess again. I’m now on double dose to see if that improves me.

Oh and I also had the courage to cancel my Friday friend. Well actually, I texted her, which doesn’t show much courage, but I’m a crap liar, so what’s a gal to do? She was fine about it (though I was kind of honest, and said I didn’t feel up to it), but mentioned her youngest finishes at 2:30 next Friday and she and her pain-in-the-arse-son could be here early. I'm really not sure I'll feel up to that either.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Then don't be up to it. It's your life. Don't feel guilty if you want to take control, and do things that please you, and not do things that don't.

It's taken me years to learn that.

Says he, sitting at his mother's, where he has just asked permission to go on the internet, rather than cut down (sorry, prune) another tree, having dislodged a wasps nest from the last one, as my head is hurting where they stung me (in quite a few places).

Friday, July 14, 2006 9:52:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Make plans for next wk. too so that you can so NO. I'm not suprised about the dogat all- mine eats the cats poop. lovely. my vet calls them fatadors.
good luck

Friday, July 14, 2006 12:21:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

My dog, when he was new, took something off the table one time, he got in so much trouble he has never done it again and I'm very sure he never will. (I didn't hit him, I never do,) but I made sure he understood me)

Friday, July 14, 2006 3:27:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

About the dog...get him neutered as soon as he's 6 months old and that should solve the problem. As for the greediness...he needs a firm rap on the nose for getting on the table or trying to take food from the children. You should banish him to his 'area' when he does this. And, you can get something from the vet to put in his food that makes his shit taste like...ummmm...shit and that way he won't eat it. The shit eating is a common problem that most people don't want to talk about because it makes their dog seem stupid...but it's normal in some dogs.

Friday, July 14, 2006 3:30:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I don't know, Debi/Jona. Maybe you would be better off in Guernsey -- without the dog.

Friday, July 14, 2006 6:56:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Jona, Phyllis ate her own poop as a puppy too -- then wanted kisses. The vet sold us a product called "Forbid", to make it taste bad. I was floored - but it already tastes like shit! However, it worked, and it worked instantly.

Saturday, July 15, 2006 9:55:00 pm  
Blogger poopie said...

Imagine my dismay with the HORSE'S willy hanging all over the place. Ahem.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 11:20:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

Sorry about the dog. He's bound to improve though, right? No place to go but up and all that.

Kristy
www.dangerpanda.com

Monday, July 17, 2006 1:37:00 am  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

And this reminds me of that 70s song Little Willy. Hahahaha!

Tuesday, July 18, 2006 5:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home