Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Becoming blonder

I got a new toy today. A phone! I’ve never had a new phone before (always others’ cast-offs), but then I’m not very au fait with phones and within a minute I managed to lock my sim card. Ho-hum the BH got a laugh, and demonstrated he’s the clever-cloggs of our union.

But at least I’m not as electronically challenged as some, as the boss’s wife proved last night. The boss is away today. Left yesterday and apparently thought I was going into the office this morning, but I wasn’t, I was busy getting my hair done. Turned into a bit of a problem as he was expecting an urgent fax and wanted it faxed on. Instead of calling me and telling me I was needed, my dear friend (the boss’s wife) tried to help. But she can’t use a fax/printer and managed to put the urgent document into the wrong paper-feed, and then got the page printed over. I can giggle now, but when she called me, we were both panic-struck. I left my dinner on the table and dashed around there as she made phone calls to get another copy sent. But all’s well that ends well, and I don’t suppose either of us are in a hurry to tell the boss what a pair we are.

As the BH is fond of saying, Woman, know your limits! Good job he smiles when he says it.

And today was nice, because as I mentioned, I went to the hairdresser. It was wonderful to sit there and have someone run their fingers through my hair. A bit too wonderful as I could feel myself getting sleepy, and that could be down-right embarrassing! Plus I went a few shades lighter. Blonde again, though the BH has yet to be convinced I’m as blonde as I should be.

Umm, I think he means he thinks I look better blonde.

10 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

Is this new phone a cellphone? And I was think we need a picture or the blonde bombshell. :D

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 5:01:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

I'm sure you look great no matter the color of your hair my friend.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:41:00 pm  
Blogger YouthFlex said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:51:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Look better blonde. But don't act blonde?

I think you ought to do whatever YOU think is right. Except for the phone, of course. That takes some heavy thinking.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:33:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I'm a natural blonde too. And in the winter I'm a natural redhead. I love having my hair shampooed and such but when they start cutting I tense up because most of the time they botch up my hair. Thats why I try a new salon almost everytime I get my hair done.

I'll never forget the first time I tried to use the fax machine. I put the paper in the part where it is supposed to come out. I had to ask the boss how to use it. I jammed it of course. I know your pain.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 3:22:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Yes rdl, it is a cellphone (see? I don’t even know the correct name!) but as for the picture, I’m afraid I’m no blonde bombshell, and as I’m kinda camera shy we’ll have to see ;o)

IW – Glad I’m not the only one, lol! But I am getting better at realising it’s ringing ;o) Umm, but *I* am female and [dark] blond :o)

SS, thank you :o)

YF, we’ll see :o)

Hoss, Think I’m a bit of both – but hey, airheads are rarely horrid people ;o)

Oh Daisy! I was so lucky to find my hairdresser – but yesterday she told me she’s leaving :o( I won’t be able to afford her new salon prices and shall have to see how this other girl does. Wish me luck!

Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:12:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Of course, everyone loves blondes.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:20:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

In that case, next time, I'll go blonder still! Thanks, Dave :o)

Thursday, July 06, 2006 11:54:00 am  
Blogger Karen said...

YAY for a new toy :-D That's always fun.

I know what you mean about the hairdresser, it is wonderfully relaxing to have fingers run through my hair. The shampooing is my favorite part, I could fall asleep.

Have a great day!

Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:18:00 pm  
Blogger Susan said...

I also love the hairdressers. I only go a couple times a year, and trim my bangs in between.
A little lighter sounds nice for summer.

Friday, July 07, 2006 4:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home