Sunday, June 11, 2006

Me and my big mouth!

I should have known. Daring to call it summer was a stupid, stupid, stupid thing to do! I don’t mind the grey skies, clouds, and sporadic showers we’ve got today, after all it’s a relief to scrub the kitchen floor and not have sweat pouring off.

However, I could do without the thunder storms predicted for tomorrow!

Oh, and apart from the irritation of living the normal stuff of life in the pouring rain, guess what I’m doing tomorrow?

What I should be doing (if I had half a brain) is going to work, where I could oooooo and ahhhhhh at the pretty sky, while siting nice and snug in my cosy little office. But oh no, I had to volunteer to assist on a school field trip.

And yes that would be a literal field.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

It's still very hot on the mainland. I've just finished putting together a fan I bought last autumn (reduced to clear, as who wants to buy a fan in november? - me, who plans ahead, of course).

Sunday, June 11, 2006 5:05:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

Oh, my. Four children and you still haven't learned? Unless the field trip involves fire stations (and therefore firemen), JUST SAY NO.

Kristy

Sunday, June 11, 2006 5:46:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Dave, ever the optimist!

Amanda, I do like the way you think ;o) And I shall remember your wise words in future!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 5:55:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

What were you thinking?? now you have the perfect excuse(the one i use) "have to work". As amanda said you definitely need to learn to say No, my dear. :D

Sunday, June 11, 2006 8:43:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I must be strange because I would quite like a feild trip instead of work...wanna switch?

Monday, June 12, 2006 4:56:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

It would be great to get out of work for a school field trip!
Or maybe vice versa . . .

Monday, June 12, 2006 12:06:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

You are the brave and devoted mother LOL I'd like to volunteer to field trips to fire stations, even though I don't have kids ;-)

I hope it goes well!

Monday, June 12, 2006 2:58:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home