Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I got tagged

rdl tagged me for a meme.

An A-Z Meme

accent: Depends where *you’re* from! None, except maybe a bit proper ;o) if you’re from around here, and to everyone else probably very British.

booze: None. Teatotal, except when we throw a party and I get to make-up (and drink) some Bermuda Rum Punch.

chore I hate: Driving. May not be classed as a chore by some, but it’s the first thing I’d give up in my life, if I could.

dogs/cats: Everyone knows the answer to this! But for the record, insane ten week old yellow Labrador dog.

essential electronics: Computer with internet access.

favourite perfume/cologne: Delicious & Jadore.

gold/silver: Silver in colour, but I’ll take platinum please.

hometown: Since I no longer give exact detail, I’ll say it’s fourteen miles off of France.

insomnia: Bouts.

job title: Mum, administrator, taxi-driver*, child-psychologist*, dog walker. (*Alright, these come under the Mum title!)


kids: Too many! Not really, just had a hectic day. Four.

living arrangements: The house from Hell, otherwise described as butt-ugly bungalow with ridiculously overgrown garden.

most admired trait: Umm, I’ve sat looking at the screen for quite a while with this one. I was going to write something flip, like: Getting up each morning to face yet another day! but decided not to. I’m honestly not sure if I have an admirable trait, I like to think I might; I do try and please others, and I do attempt to be a better person each day. But then I have a bad day and I’m a selfish cow, and I reckon a real trait doesn’t vanish when things get tough. So let’s just say, I’m working on some!

number of sexual partners: Ever? Not telling. But for the past eighteen years, one.

overnight hospital stays: The babies. Got out after ten hours with the first, but the second ruined the record by requiring three nights in hospital, same with the third, but down to two nights for the fourth, thank goodness (I’m not a fan!)

phobia: Spiders, and daddylong-legs. Not a big fan of snakes either (and I found a grass-snake today! Instead of killing it (I don’t have it in me ;o)) I’ve boxed it up and plan to give it to J’s teacher tomorrow, as it’s Creepy-Crawly week).

quote: The worst is not
So long as we can say, "This is the worst." William Shakespeare

religion: Raised Church of England, mostly, with some Catholic tendencies. However, I’m not much of anything anymore.

siblings: One brother. But here’s another however: I know that I have at least three biological sisters and ‘one other’, out there somewhere (but that’s only if you take blood to mean anything.)

time I usually wake up: Depends on my stress level. When running on high, I can be up from 4:30; when on low 8-9ish if I'm allowed.

unusual talent: Geeze! It’s bloody depressing when some stupid meme throws TWO questions at you which are hard to answer! I’m racking my brains, and only two things come to mind, though neither too riveting: I can reverse (really well!). And you know that thing that dangles down the back of your throat? Well, I can wiggle mine up and down at will! It may not sound like much, but my Doctor was amused impressed.

vegetable I refuse to eat: Peas. Don’t like them, and they’re impossible to eat politely anyway. Oh, and I can’t eat mashed potato. I don’t have a problem with the taste, I just can’t swallow the stuff without retching (it’s all the fault of Smash from my school days)

worst habit: Smoking. In truth I rather like the habit, but I worry about the health side.

x-rays: Chest.

yummy foods I make: According to my eldest, potato gratin (though it takes too long to make!) and the kids seem to like my cakes and stuff.

zodiac sign: Sagittarius.


I had fun doing this, but rather than tagging anyone in particular (I know you're all busy ;o)), I'm going to ask you to pick the first letter of your name and answer it in the comments! Unless you want to do the whole thing, in which case feel free...

6 Comments:

Blogger Page Turner said...

I'll just cut and paste it to my blog, if you'd like to take a gander. I'm too tired to do anything else, so might as well do that.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:05:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Nicely done! you made me laugh as always. So you're a Sagittarius - that's why we get along so fabulously - 2 fire signs.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:15:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Well, as my dog died last year, and I'm not a cats person, that was an easy tag.

By the way, I don't think you meant to say you don't resemble an admiral.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 6:54:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Thanks Dave ;o)

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:04:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

Fun tag!
S - siblings: 2 brothers and 2 sisters, and I'm the Eldest, which should mean I get some respect, lol.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:57:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

unusual talent:

How about your famed bedroom stripping technique?

Keep it up, and we'll make you #1 on that list.

Sunday, May 28, 2006 7:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home