Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Post or delete?

I’ve just written a post, and concluded by saying ‘I’m not going to post this’.

I can’t. Not yet anyway. But this was the second post about something that’s fast becoming a life-changing saga, and in case you’re wondering, I doubt many of you saw the first post as I deleted within hours. But I will say it’s not so much about me, but about our eldest R. Though I’m doing more than my fair share at turning it into a bloody mess. Hopefully in a few weeks I’ll be able to explain.

Heavens I’m worn out. I want to scream. Preferably obscenities. Or cry. Anything, just escape a little.

I’m getting my hair done tomorrow. It’s supposed to be a treat, but in truth I can imagine nothing worse than being forced to sit still for a couple of hours. These things always seem like a good idea at the time, but rarely are.

But on a positive note, I’ve decided I really like my boss (Tom ;o)). I know, it’s taken some time for me to be sure. As a friend’s husband he was a great bloke, but as a boss he was a tad scary. To begin with anyhow. Hoping it stays like this, but I keep wondering about why he got through so many secretaries before me. Odd as it feels like a dream job to me, but because of that thought, I keep having this niggle that there’s another side I haven’t seen yet. But I’m sure there can’t be, he’s fun, he’s laid-back, he smokes and swears like a trooper*, and looks like Tom Selleck – what more could I ask for? And I can’t even pipe up ‘More money!’ as he pays me well too. Guess it’s time I lay the fretting aside and start enjoying it to the fullest.

Oh and who told Kobi about my blog?! I swear** that dog must be reading, as I’m sure I said he had until Wednesday to stop his car concerto, and after that he was getting left at home. Well, he stopped. Today. How weird is that? And though he did howl the night of my previous post, he didn’t last night. I think he’s catching on that we do show up again each morning (though I’m often cursing under my breath when I see the mess spreading from his playpen!) And it’s so sweet how much P loves him. Unless something good comes on TV. Or if P’s allowed the playstation. I think I’d better stop there, as I’m talking myself out of this warming thought.

Isn’t this supposed to be Hump Day (love that saying! Wonder if I can talk the BH into it tonight…)? Supposed to be downhill until the weekend now. Ha. The next two days will be easier than this weekend. We’ve got a weekend from hell. Friends with kids around (which I know is supposed to be fun, and I’m sure it will be when I’ve tidied up), Tennis match on Friday, tournament on Sunday, and another lesson on Saturday, along with parties for J, S & P (shudder!), plus a disco for J, ballet and swimming.

No rest for the wicked, and one of these days I must get around to working on my goodness, so I can catch up on the rest ;o)


* I realise some make think smoking and swearing like a trooper is not a good thing, and sometimes I agree, but on Tom it works.

** Obviously I'm joking.

7 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Take all this good stuff and run with it, Debi. Keep smiling.

(Hey, did you know our Federales nailed a couple who was laundering money through Guernsey? Like $250 million? So when does Jersey get some action?)

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 10:09:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

Glad the job is going so well!!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 12:24:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Just sit still and enjoy getting yrself pampered. I did today and it was wonderful; I told my hairdresser who I only get to go to about 4 times a yr. that when i win the lottery I'm builing an apt. on my house for her.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 3:25:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

I thought I'd posted something here this morning. Obvioulsy I didn't. Perhaps I'm imagining that I'm here now.

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:05:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

LOL I hope yesterday was indeed, a hump day ;-) I'm only dreaming of that right now.

I hope everything turns out OK, you're in my thoughts.

Have a great day!

Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:24:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

I know what you mean about getting your hair done. I can't even sit still for ten minutes to get my bangs (fringe?) trimmed up properly anymore. So how did it go?

Kristy

Friday, May 19, 2006 7:59:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Like Dave, I thought I'd already commented. . .

will we see a pic of the new hairdo?

Friday, May 19, 2006 1:16:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home