Wednesday, May 10, 2006

What big feet you have!


May I introduce…
Kobi.
No, Crusoe.
Oh hang on, the BH said I could choose, so I guess it’s Wooster. I think. Umm, too much choice and I’m stuck!

But whatever his name ends up being, he’s cute! And that’s even taking into account his awful toilet habits and his love of shoelaces ;o)

I did type up a post about the journey, but it vanished into the abyss before appearing, so I’ll sum up this time, by saying: I didn’t need the loo whilst flying (phew! and even got to smile as the pilots raced off to the toilets before me, when we landed!), the flights were almost enjoyable (with the exception of air pockets and missing the runway on the first descent) and we ended up at the wrong airport because of the weather, which in turn led to a delay as we had to wait for the breeder to drive the extra hour. And I ended up with three pilots – not sure why, but it seems they enjoy these jaunts in itty-bitty cardboard planes, (and I was paying for their lunches). One of them was particularly interesting with his very British accent, cartoon moustache and tales of his flying adventures.

In fact it all went so well, I didn’t scream once! (Though I did make the pilot sitting next to me laugh, when I squeaked and sank low in my seat with my eyes screwed shut.)

And I didn’t really notice the flight back as they let me cuddle Wooster and the time flew by.

And now…now I’m exhausted beyond belief. In fact I went to bed at ten last night (which I never do!), but even so, I’m still so tired I’ve hit myself in the face with a cupboard door and caught my head on the corner of the desk (yes, I know I shouldn’t have been bending down playing with the puppy!) I don’t think the exhaustion is really about yesterday, as sitting on a plane is hardly tiring, but I do think I’ve been running on nervous tension and at last I’m beginning to relax, and so the tiredness sets in.

I’m getting very sleepy right now. Which I mustn’t do. Must get going again as I haven’t thought about dinner yet, Wooster’s due at the vets, and then it’s the school pick-ups (with two extra today, ugh!)

So I’ll give you what you came for – puppy pictures!










6 Comments:

Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Awwww! So cute! Aren't puppies the best? Congratulations on the whole thing.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:19:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

He's beautiful!!! Can I say how much I dislike the name Wooster? Sorry, it just sounds like I Rooster and too difficult on the lips for a dog. Sorry again. But Kobi...now that's a good name!!

Hope the good lookin' pup doesn't leave you too many piles of pooh laying around!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 1:55:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Woo hoo! Puppy pictures!

He looks like a Spock to me, Jona.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 5:46:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

He is Sooooooooo damn cute, I am so happy for you; I just wish I was there so i could get the puppy smell too. I'm with tim on the wooster and also love the Kobi name best - i think he looks like a Kobi too. But then it took us about a week to name Jackson, he was Jack first, but hubby didn't like that name because that was his boss' name. Then he was Riley and I've forgot all the others that were tossed around. Good luck with the name and have fun.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 9:20:00 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

How utterly adorable!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome Wooster to the family fold!

Thursday, May 11, 2006 6:01:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Wooster doesn't sound at all like Rooster to an Englishman, because, of course (as you know) they are pronounced entirely differently.

Was the cartoon moustache drawn on, or cut out and stuck on?

Lovely puppy though.

Thursday, May 11, 2006 7:12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home