Saturday, June 10, 2006

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

I’m better today. Lots! But it’s a mystery as to why, especially after spending this afternoon – the hottest day of the year to date – inside a darkened room, helping at a disco party.

The music was good – if a tad loud – and everything was organised so well the forty-two little darlings had a great time. Except maybe for my two girls, who didn’t dance and followed me around attempting to help. I think it was because they only knew the party girl and her sister.

But I found it fun, and even managed to amuse the DJ when he caught me dancing after stopping the music suddenly to play Statues. Not that it was really dancing – after all, I don’t dance – more an energetic food serving jig.

I also managed to cause an argument between my friend Cass and her husband this morning. As they started shouting at one another I – unsuccessfully – tried to blend with the scenery (damn contemporary homes with their plain walls!) But I was only trying to help. Cass’s husband was taking half the house along with the TV to the party (the footie was on!), which meant they had to take two cars, but Cass had said she wanted to be able to have a drink at the party and didn’t want to drive. So I thought I was being helpful when I offered to take some stuff up for them.

Apparently not. It seems Cass and her husband were going up an hour-and-a-half in advance to set things up, but I couldn’t get up there until half an hour before the party. When Cass said that was alright, her husband wanted to know why he was being dragged up there so early if they could do so much at the last minute. In turn Cass told him to forget it, she wouldn’t have a drink. And so the argument began…

And when I wasn’t causing discontent among my friends, we attended the school fête. Thankfully we only had half an hour free, and after waiting to get a parking space, even that was cut short. Phew.

We also went to see a house this morning, between the swimming and ballet. We’re not really looking to move, but I saw the opening viewing notice in the paper last night and the house looked interesting. It was, and I was very taken with three staircases and the prospect of having enough rooms that there would even been one left over! But it needs a lot of money spending on it. And the location isn’t as good or as private as where we live now. And the garden was huge, but not pretty or practical. So even though it comes with a title we won’t be offering a tender. Good thing really, as our present house isn’t actually finished yet. But I can’t quite forget the potential…

R is also out tonight, staying over at a party. Heaven help us, they’re camping in a back garden and will probably stay up half the night, which in turn will mean he’s foul tomorrow.

But at least tomorrow should be a quiet day. I hope, I really, really, hope!

5 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

Have i told you lately how much i love reading your blog?

Sunday, June 11, 2006 1:50:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

School events are terrible, aren't they (actually, anything with hundreds [or even dozens {make that more than one}]of children in is hell for me nowadays)? So what was its fate?

Was it fated to end terribly?

;)

Sunday, June 11, 2006 6:27:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

You sound so much better. I'm glad the fog has lifted on your mood.

I would have loved to catch you dancing a little jig...I would have laughed to myself.

Maybe instead of offering to lug stuff for your friends you could have offered to drive Cass around while she was drunk...LOL!

Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:47:00 pm  
Blogger Undercover Angel said...

I'm glad you had a good time and enjoyed the music. It's too bad that your friend and her husband put a bit of damper on your enjoyment.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:39:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

rdl - thank you :o)

Dave, lol, thanks (again!)

t-t, thank you, and you're probably right!

UA, thanks, but they didn't really put a dampener on my day - I just felt bad for opening my mouth in the first place, and causing more tension.

Sunday, June 11, 2006 4:48:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home