Friday, June 09, 2006

Sunshine on a rainy day

It hasn’t rained this week, guess I might even be brave and call it summer. The rain’s been inside, as in me. I’ve been a totally miserable mare all week. Even the BH commented yesterday that he rarely sees me smile anymore, and one of my friends keeps telling me she’s worried about me. But nothing is different to usual, guess miserable must be my normal.

But I’m not sitting here to moan! Oh hang on, yes I am. Have you heard, the world cup kicks off in less than an hour? Ugh. Four weeks of crowd noise, flag waving, and in depth mind-numbing drivel about men kicking balls. Suppose I should be grateful it only happens every four years. Four years? Can it really be four years since I went through last time?!

The BH has also come up with an idea to enthuse me, get this, he suggests (with a grin!) I find out who’s playing on what day, and then I can prepare a meal from one of the countries playing. Umm, don’t think so somehow, what the heck do they eat in Paraguay anyway?

Let’s move onto to other distractions. A lady woman drove into me at traffic lights the other day. Not a big deal, it happens, and as the damage was minimal I wouldn’t have cared a jot…but for the first words out of her mouth, ‘You must have come backwards!’ On a flat road, when my car’s an automatic? No love, I don’t think so. Bloody impossible if you didn’t know! She managed to wind me up big time, but I walked away grinding my teeth and muttering about ignorant people who can’t face saying the word ‘Sorry’. Bloody, bloody, bloody, never mind.

What else has happened? Oh yes, the BH brushed his teeth last night, thankfully that part isn’t unusual, but he returned to the lounge moaning about the kids playing in the bathroom and soaking the tootpaste tube in mouthwash. Except it wasn’t the kids, and it wasn’t mouthwash. I could have left him in ignorance, but I can’t help but be honest. So I confessed. The tootpaste had fallen into the bath. He didn’t look thrilled and pulled a face, but you should have seen his face when I added it was when I was bathing the dog. Umm, maybe I shouldn’t have owned up.

And talking of the dog *heavy sigh*. I swear that dog gets more stupid each day. The peeing and pooping inside the house is getting worse, not better! My house smells, and when it’s not offensive, it’s bleach. And my car. He hates the car, and ALWAYS poops within minutes of getting in. It’s driving me bonkers. So most of the time Kobi gets left behind. But only most of the time, because he has to get used to the car, plus we’re now attending puppy training. He’s not bad at that, in fact last night he was the star of the class (but that’s only my opinion ;o)).

The girls have also been getting plenty of attention this week. J threw a tantrum on the way to school the other morning when I said I wouldn’t buy her a new skipping rope until she’d tidied her room. I got through the embarrassment of walking into school with a sobbing [obviously spoilt] child, by ignoring it. But then S caught onto the idea, and so proceeded to do the same. I could’ve killed the pair of them, though only figuratively of course.

I also caught a few minutes of Real Desperate Housewives last night. One woman in particular stood out. A career mom, who gave it all up when her second child was born, but nevertheless within the year she’d locked herself in her bedroom for a month and refused to see anyone. Sounds like bliss to me, if I could just be sure someone would take the kids to school.

But I guess if I did that, I’d miss my job. As sad as it is, I really like my job. And my boss thinks I’m good at it too, and even told me so today. In fact he was super nice and was so complimentary my mood has improved greatly. Except I know that’s kind of awful, to get such a boost from someone saying something so simple. Makes me wonder about my balance of sanity.

Oh and I’ve checked about the cat. It was a He, and he’s being claimed! I’m so pleased! Apparently his owners live a good distance away and he’d been missing a long time, so I did enjoy a big smile with the thought of their relief.

Well the sun is shining, and the BH is due home any minute to watch the first match, suppose I should make it look like I’ve done something around here today.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jona said...

Lol, thank you IW, I needed a giggle *g*

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:13:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Jona you make me laugh but I worry about you too, such alot on yr. plate as they say - take some time for you if at all possible(i know how hard that is - i have a difficult time with that one too. great news on the cat - good job! and i still say get that dog a crate. not inhumane and oh so much better for you.

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:42:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi rdl, thank you, but I think I've forgotten how to relax ;o) Kobi has a play pen just like a large crate, but without a roof - but unfortunately we have to let him out of it sometime, lol!

Friday, June 09, 2006 5:49:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

What is it with children and tantrums? I had a long discussion with my 8 year old this week. Told him the word, defined it for him, explained it was typical behavior for people under about the age of 4. So, now that he's 8, could we think together of some alternative ways for him to express frustration and outrage? Ways that don't involve screaming and (now that he's 8) death threats, both expressed and implied?

He's giving it some thought.

Kristy

Friday, June 09, 2006 7:03:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

What a time you're having with the puppy! I wonder why he's not catching on.

I'm glad the cat has been claimed, he should be back with his family.

Have a wonderful weekend and make sure you RELAX!

Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:55:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

A woman who can write the word 'tootpaste' (twice) obviously has a hidden smile just trying to get out. ;)

Enjoy the sun, ignore the football (Did you know it's actually illegal [The Sporting Seasons Act 1659] to watch football during the cricket season?).

Saturday, June 10, 2006 6:27:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Amanda – death threats? Oh goody, something to look forward to ;o)

Hi Karen, Yep the puppy is odd, he’s doing well with obedience but obviously doesn’t like a breeze when he pees!

g – admittedly my idea of a good distance is probably way off yours ;o) But I guess the kitty must have gone on a walk-about and forgot his way home. And thank you :o)

Lol, Dave! What am I like?! (Don't answer that!)

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:56:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

The toothpaste story made me smile. And you're not the only one that gets brightened with someone giving compliments. I think it's good to have your mood change from bad to good with something so simple...don't you?

Take it easy, relax, and put a plug in that dog's butt. I think what you need to do is take him outside and when he does do a pee or poop have a parade in his honor so he knows he did a good thing. Give him a raw hotdog for each time you see him do his business outside...he might figure it out yet.

Saturday, June 10, 2006 3:43:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home