Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The ups with the downs

I woke up early today. Which may not sound too unusual, but it is, as for the past few days I’ve been going to bed so late, I can’t help but sleep until at least 7! But this morning I had a nightmare, and woke up early. In tears, and feeling wretched.

Many hours later, when I awoke the BH with a cup of tea and climbed back into bed for our cuddle, he asked what he’d done wrong (he knows 9 out of 10 of my nightmares are because he’s a cad in my dreams!). After telling him, instead of reassuring me with sweet words, he asked if his floozy had been good looking. Hmmph, he’s turning into a cad in life too!

Not all men are making me insecure though. My boss Tom, is fast turning into my personal gallant. When I started working for him I worried I wouldn’t be as good as his other secretaries (though maybe the fact they worked out the wages manually should have hinted they weren’t as hot as I’d worried). Tom’s often said I’m doing well, but this morning he made me feel great – without even saying anything especially nice! He’s starting something new, and instead of asking if I’m up to designing the company logo, sorting the paperwork to form the company, and creating a website, he simply told me what he was after. I know it sounds daft that I’m so pleased, but I often feel I have to persuade people of what I’m capable of, and because of the way he did it I know he has faith I can do anything! Except… I can’t get the domain name he wants, it’s gone already, ho-hum and fiddle-sticks but hardly my fault.

And seeing as I was busy at work for several hours this morning, that left the BH home alone with his boundless energy. I arrived home to find the office empty and a new wooden floor laid, wow I need to go out more often! Of course the kitchen was overflowing with office stuff, making lunch rather solitary as we each ate behind a box or two.

Unfortunately nothing got done this afternoon, as the weather is worse than ever. Did I mention our summer finished some weeks ago? Definitely feels like our seasons are arriving earlier this year, and that’s not me talking, that’s our Beech Tree already dropping its nuts. (Umm sounds almost dirty! Sorry, my mind, not yours I’m sure ;o))

Anyway back to the point in hand, guilt. The days are sweeping by and the children are sitting around too much, but as the BH says, the rain is washing the guilt away nicely.

Hopefully my tomatoes will ripen before Christmas arrives, which reminds me I must start thinking about presents – you know how time flies…!

14 Comments:

Blogger Page Turner said...

Holy! I cannot even imagine thinking of Christmas so early. Was hoping to avoid it this year and simply hope that it passes me by. With a small child, however, that's next to impossible, as I'm sure you know!

What of Kobi these days? Haven't heard much about him lately...must be all good! Wanting you to know that so far (I say with fingers crossed), little Ria is doing wonderfully. Three days in and only three little tinkles in the house. Would be none but her loud cry is immediately followed by squating so not much time to run her out. Check out her new pic on my blog.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:51:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

Present already, I suppose it's never too early to think of presents, lol!!

It's already the end of summer here in France too - rain and cool and stormy -ugh.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:08:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

We've had such a cool summer, my one tomato plant has but one tomato, a little bugger about 1 cm in diameter. Cute, but hardly a sandwich ;) Did you see my nosy tomato the other day?

Thursday, August 17, 2006 3:43:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

ugh- xmas! can't start thinking about that yet, it's not even labor day. not before Halloween is over.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 5:43:00 pm  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

aie, you said you don't remember dreams...?!hmmmm....as for being capable of something...you got kids, now that makes you the everything-able-gurl! my toupee off to you again.

Friday, August 18, 2006 7:27:00 am  
Blogger Monique said...

Much too early to start thinking of Christmas! :) Glad things are going so well for you at work. And a new floor laid at home too... cool!

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:58:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Don't think about Christmas just yet - there's only 3 weeks until my birthday!

Friday, August 18, 2006 4:04:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

Noooo, not Christmas! I can't even think about it yet... but actually I am LOL I am working on a couple of projects :-)

Those dreams can really shake us up, but they can't hurt you, they help us sort life out.

I hope you're having a great weekend!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 6:19:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

Christmas? Christmas? Lord, say it ain't so! I can't even think beyond the end of the month at this point! You must be terribly organized.

Kristy
dangerpanda.com

Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:40:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

It's probably the drugs, but your batting is improving with every match. Well done.

Sunday, August 20, 2006 3:41:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

It's strange to see other peiople talking about how horrid the weather is when we are still getting sunny days and hot humid summer temps, (except for the 2 days of chilly damp weather we had).

Great news on the new projects your boss wants you to take on. I'm sure he wouldn't hsve asked if he didn't hsve complete confidence in you. That's so cool!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 5:19:00 pm  
Blogger City Slicker said...

Harrods already has their christmas display up.
100 something days to go. The countdown is on. I think I will find my hole in the ground and surface 2nd Jan.
Cheers

Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:13:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

OMG you're already mentioning Christmas!! You're freaking me out! Stop! Stop!

:)

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 4:28:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Are you still out xmas shopping or is school already started there? 12 more days here!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:31:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home