Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ten to the dozen

That’d my mood by the way. Not enough time for anything! Having said that, how does ten to the dozen make any sense? Should mean you are slower than usual, surely? Umm, anyway back to my point (not that I really have one), I feel busy.

In truth things are going slow, not too many commitments or happenings, and yet I manage to fill the time to the point where I feel rushed. One of the things I’m doing is a touch typing course. Again. And bloody hell is it hard to break bad habits! What’s always floored me in the past is that my bad habits are a darn site quicker than trying to be good, and I run out of patience. This time is no exception. And this post is taking an eternity to write!

Then again I do get a thrill from the thought of eventually speeding beyond what I’ve ever been capable of… I just have to stick it out… aggghhh, it hurts!!!

Apart from that, my main pastime has been reading. I’ve been busy devouring three different series over the past two weeks (which I don’t recommend, as things can get confusing!), and I’m now down to two of one series, one of another, and twenty pages of the last (which I’m drawing out on purpose, and shall finish off after I’d had my bath tonight, ummm can’t wait!)

So I’ve turned into a crap blogger, ignoring everyone (not just you, but pesky family members too), so I can stick my nose in a book and dream. Can’t even claim it’s high-brow stuff either ;o)

Meanwhile the holiday’s move on. Wish they didn’t have to end. Wish I could get the damn ‘i’ key right too, such is life…


Will be back when I can type quicker and without so many errors (I’ve corrected them now!!)

6 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

since i've been ignoring all the other bloggers too, I didn't notice that you were! I also am reading too many books at the same time!

Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:11:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

You sound good, and good for you taking some time for yourself and enjoying reading. I know now enought time in the day, damnit.

Friday, August 25, 2006 1:21:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

It's just nice to hear from you from time to time. We'll just keep checking every day, as long as you pop in tell us you're alive from time to time.

Friday, August 25, 2006 7:25:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

I just assume that everyone is typing the 'correct' way when I read their blogs. I'm fortunate that my father is such a geneous as he made me draw out a larger-than-life key board on a huge peice of paper and put it on the wall across from where I was to sit and use my new electric typewriter (I got for Xmas when I was 12). I had to position my fingers and look at the chart instead of my fingers. I also took a basic typing course after highschool. I still have to look to do numbers, but I think I can type about 45 wpm.

Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:55:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

It's okay if you have to look to type numbers. I still do, and I've been typing for 57 years.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 3:09:00 am  
Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

makes you feel a lot better-i still count with my fingers, and if i run out, i have to use my toes......

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 1:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home