Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Choices!

I had to make a choice this morning, catch up with you, or write a post. In truth I don’t have time to write a proper post, but then neither do I have time to read more than one or two blogs. As you can see, I opted for assuring you I’m still here!

The kids went back to school yesterday, kids being plural as in ALL which means it was S’s first day at Big school, though I’m hard pushed to call it a day as they let the tiny ones out at 12:30 for the first week. Bloody nuisance actually as I’m behind at work and she didn’t used to leave nursery until 1, so this week is actually shorter than normal!

It all went swimmingly well with S. I sat with her for ten minutes and then walked away. She did claim that she cried for me later in the morning (she wanted a ‘mummy hug’), but she’s happy enough to go back today, so I’m not worried.

R also had his first day at his new school. Safe to say he was even more nervous than S! It started well; I walked him to the front gates and agreed where I should pick him up and mentioned I didn’t know what time I’d be with him. He really should have paid attention to that last comment.

Come 3 yesterday afternoon the heavens opened. And not just a little, we had the full thunder and lightening show. Not great timing at J comes out at 3:10, P at 3:20, and R at 3:30. Sounds great doesn’t it? And it would be, if the schools were all in one place. Instead it turned into my worst ever school run! The traffic simply stopped and what should have taken me ten minutes to get to P, instead took me 45 minutes. And then I had to get to R.

By the time I did, the poor lad had been stood in the rain (and thunder and lightening) for 40 minutes.

Now you would think a twelve year old would cope with this unexpected turn. Unfortunately not my twelve year old. He managed to keep himself together whilst he was stood there, imagining I had abandoned/forgotten about him, but the minute he got into the car he broke.

I felt wretched. And he couldn’t stop crying.

I found out later the day had gone really well, but of course after tormenting himself with his dark thoughts, all his fizz has gone and it took a couple of hours to return.

But all is well that ends well, and today he knows that however late I am, I’ll never forget I have a firstborn.

Anyways it’s time I get the house up for a new day (notice it’s the second day of school and I’m again getting up at 5:30. Not complaining mind, and at least my kitchen it tidy!) Hope to get back here later, I swear I want to, just don’t hold you breath.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

It's just lovely to hear from you here, even if you don't have time to read our blogs.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:59:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

I'm sure I'm supposed to say what wonderfully smart, well-turned-out kids.

As if I'd notice something like that.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:02:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Here it's the same thing, school starts and traffic goes to all stop.
That is a great picture of the kids! S (S is the youngest?) looks so proud in her school uniform!
I am very glad to have a new post from you! I was getting ready to contact the complaints department!
:-D

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 11:17:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

OMG - how cute they are!! will have to come back to read later, as i'm late for work already. was so glad to see the little asterik after yr name on blogroll!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 12:02:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Sweet post as well. We'll(yr. loyal fans) take whatever bone you throw us.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 5:25:00 pm  
Blogger Sam said...

Aern't they gorgeous children! And poor chap to think you'd forgotten him. I did forget mine several times, so he's lucky I'm not his mom, lol.

Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:44:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

ADORABLE picture!!!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 1:40:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

They look so British. Even if they're not ;)

Hope you're doing well, j!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 9:11:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home