Monday, September 25, 2006

Bloody children! Who’d have them?!!

You know I sat here at lunchtime today thinking that my next post should be about how I’m no longer so… nuts/volatile/weepy/depressed/stressed/whatever, take your pick.

Of course this is all down to the wonderful drugs and I have no doubt I’d (still?) be a raving loony without them.

But that was lunchtime. And now I’m so cross, I’m not even speaking to two of my children, other than to say there’s no TV tonight. And believe me, that’s being bloody generous.

I cannot believe what they did to me!

It shouldn’t have been a big deal, popping into a local school supply shop after school, to buy R a new bag. The place is quaint and run by a pair of little old ladies, which is probably why it’s always so quiet. I mean quiet due to the lack of noise, not lack of custom. In fact it was busy, and I bumped into a couple of mothers I knew.

But I’m getting ahead of myself and should start at the beginning. On the way back from school S fell asleep in the boot of the car (that isn’t as bad as it sounds as there are two seats in the boot), P was also in the boot and I asked him to wait in the car to keep an eye on S whilst we popped into the shop.

He wouldn’t. Whined like a big girls blouse, but I had parked boot in and couldn’t open it to let him out easily. Nevertheless after some tense sighs I buckled, and agreed he could get out, so long as he climbed over the back seat.

He didn’t do that either. He ignored me and opened the boot into a thorny hedge.

But none of this is why I’m mad at him. Oh no, his pièce de résistance came when he got fed up with J. Instead of just standing still and behaving in a civilised manner, they began pushing and shoving each other.

I didn’t even notice until the display went over.

There must have been at least two hundred pairs of trousers neatly hung on the circular stand, which now rolled across the floor spewing it’s load around the shop.

And it didn’t help that J started screaming indignantly that it was P’s fault for pushing her. But then P doesn’t like to be outdone, so everyone got to witness his loudly broadcast complaint that she had started it.

I really didn’t care and just pointed to the door. Strange that for once I didn’t even have to issue the command!

But it was bloody humiliating having to pick up all those trousers. And I couldn’t work out how the sizes had once hung. The staff were nice enough, considering, and the only reprimand we received were looks of disapproval.

But I’m still fizzing. Didn’t help that P also slammed the boot on my head when we got home either. Especially as it’s still sore from when J did it last week.

Bloody hell these kids are bad for my health!

5 Comments:

Blogger Page Turner said...

I don't even know what you are referring to when you talk about a boot, but still, I'd be mad at those kids too!!

Monday, September 25, 2006 11:38:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

I believe North Americans call it a trunk, t-t.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:44:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

You need the kind of car boot with no seats in it, and no handle on the inside! Then you can fling those bloody children in there with the spare tire and do your shopping in piece, I mean, peace!

I'm sorry you felt humiliated picking up the trousers. BUT-it would have been worse if they had dumped a china cabinet!

Every day your life is an exciting adventure and you're a great Mom!

PS: If you wiped the blood off those bloody children they may be easier to loan out for awhile!!
:-)

Friday, September 29, 2006 11:21:00 am  
Blogger rdl said...

Oh my! you poor dear, hope you went home and had some tea or a stiff drink. I remember when my son was 3 or 4 and broke something at a store and we were asked to leave.
How did i miss this? my blogroll must not be doing it's job.

Saturday, September 30, 2006 3:26:00 am  
Blogger Sam said...

Yes, I've had my kids for over twenty years now, and I figure about ten of those years were spent wishing for more patience & calm, lol.

Sunday, October 01, 2006 2:41:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home