Friday, September 22, 2006

Shhhh, I'm hiding!

Turns out there’s one sure-fire way to get me to post, give me your kids to baby-sit!

I must be a terrible person, because they’re great kids. I think it’s just mixed with my four, plus my Friday friend’s three, it just all gets too exciting for them. But at least there’s a good reason (their parents are moving house), and I shall be reminding myself of that tomorrow, when I’m due to have them again.

So anyway, I’m hiding. Getting my nicotine and caffeine fix, whilst hoping no one falls off anything or kills another – and that’s not really very funny, as I’ve already rescued my S from inside a rolled blanket as others jumped on her!

Darn it all. I can hear screaming. I know I should go check, but so long as they’re making noise, then they must be alright, right?!

And geeze it’s been a long week. But quick, if that makes any sense! I’ve been working most days and when I’m not doing it for the money, my dad’s got some strange idea I must be bored and has me working on a couple of things for him too.

In fact I’m exhausted, and can’t believe we’re only two weeks into the term! So far I’ve forgotten about one parents evening, and can’t make another next Wednesday, and think I shall cry off a third next Friday. The teachers must think I’m useless. Which I sometimes am, but thanks to the drugs, I no longer care, Ha!

But I will give you something to smile at: I made a fool of myself today. I’m not driving my car at the moment, in fact I haven’t been for weeks as the BH is using mine because his is at the garage. So instead I’m driving one of my parent’s cars. A big Merc, like this:

Definitely a step up from my usual slug mobile, and yes people do treat you differently – in both good and bad ways!

Anyway, I rather like sauntering around in this thing and it drives so much better than mine, it really does make me a better, more serene person (regular readers will know, I hate driving and lose my temper regularly ;o)). I had to stop and get diesel today, and it’s not like I haven’t borrowed the thing before, but for the life of me I couldn’t figure out where the petrol cap thingy button was. And so after standing on the forecourt looking like a bimbo with my butt in the air as I investigated under seats and the steering wheel for several minutes, I admitted defeat and went inside to request some assistance.

I got a good looking assistant too! All smiles and nodding understanding at the dozy housewife who obviously shouldn’t be driving a car she’s to dim to operate. Yes, I felt like a fool. But not nearly as much of a fool as I did when the assistant walked up and just pushed the petrol panel to reveal the cap!

Hmm, doesn’t seem right Mercs don’t have buttons on the inside, after all couldn’t someone just come along and siphon off my diesel?! And it takes a lot of diesel too!

Least that’s the attitude I’m sticking with.

5 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

Yeah, as long as the kids're screaming, they're breathing. It's when it goes dead silent you have to go check it out. Not having kids makes me an expert!
You should be driving a Mercedes all the time! you'll figure out where the buttons are. And of course you'll need to have your chaffeur standing by 24/7 so nobody siphons off your deisel fuel!

Friday, September 22, 2006 8:37:00 pm  
Blogger rdl said...

Are you completely insane- 7 kids!!! as if your 4 aren't enof. (from the movie dumb and dumber - sorry my son quotes it and it just popped in my head).
nice ride, i'm jealous - do you have to give it back?

Friday, September 22, 2006 10:02:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

YOU'RE ALIVE!! LOL, just kidding. Glad to hear that you're not backing down from taking on any more responsibilities...Lord knows you don't have enough to do.

You shouldn't read my blog as of late...it's lame and self analytical...puts people to sleep.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 4:33:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

'looking like a bimbo with my butt in the air'

So where are the pictures? You surely don't want to leave something like that to our imaginations.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 6:42:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

You deserve a metal for watching all of those kids at the same time. Either that or a week in the mental ward recouperating. Ha ha.

I had that same problem when we bought the Pathfinder last May. For the life of me I could not find the darn gas cap. Turned out to be the same thing as you mentioned - a little panel you push. How weird!

Monday, September 25, 2006 1:42:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home