Sunday, February 05, 2006

What, here? Now?!

Have you any idea how many times I’ve started writing this post? Of course you don’t! And I’m not telling. I feel like I’ve just discovered I’m having an open house, but no-one told me and the cushions are on the floor, and the washing-up’s in the sink!

It’s all FTS’s fault. Because on Sundays he recommends a blog to his multitude of readers. I always take a look, and when I think about it, it’s how I came to know some of my favourite reads. But I’ve always wondered something: does he warned his lucky recommendation?

The answer is, No. And now it’s my doorbell ringing and I’m still lying in the bath trying to decide what I should wear!

This must all sound very ungrateful, and I swear I’m not! I’m thrilled and honoured and grateful!! Just... slightly… caught off guard (and I would say, with my pants down, but I don’t know who’s reading ;o)).

It’s not that I don’t always try my best when I write a post, any post, I do! It’s just that when you know the stuff in the lives of most of the people who visit, it’s not so scary to share yours. And they tend to be forgiving of the occasional waffle, I hope ( and it is only occasional, right?). If you understand what I mean. Which you probably don’t. Because I’m descending into gibberish.

Which happens. An awful lot in real life actually. I’m not good if I think people are looking. But rather than call myself shy, I prefer to think of myself as a quiet surprise, because once I start feeling comfortable, I’m somewhat noisy. Proportionally speaking, that is.

But the point is (yes, I’m really trying to get to one!), after thinking about strangers visiting, I’m panicking. Yes, I know you were all strangers once, but I've got kind of comfortful the last few months, and friends don't notice the mess so much. And when I looked through my posts of the last few days, all I am is momsey, but I’m not really. Well. Not usually this much anyway. I don’t think. And now that I've realised I truely am a mommy blog, I'm thinking I should try to be a bit more. If you see what I mean.

Crikey, this gibbering’s getting bad and I still haven’t thought what to post about! I flitted about looking for something witty and intelligent to post about (and not momsey!), but got distracted with pretty pictures.



Though I suppose they’re more interesting than pretty. If you click here you can see some of the other building developments too. Amazing stuff and when this lot are finished being built, I’ll try to go on holiday there. (That would be when I afford such a holiday, and hopefully before the sea level rises and claims back the floor space. That would really put me off the price tags. Then again I live on an island now, and won’t have paid for our house for another couple of decades. Flippin’ heck , now I’m depressing myself. I’ll stop there and concentrate on pictures instead.)

This is something else I found to distract me from my winter blues, a beach! (Not that I don't live near loads, but they don't look like this:)



Not quite my type of beach, as it’s too busy and I don’t think they’d appreciate my mutt digging up their sand, but it’s a view that made me smile. Especially when you see where this place is positioned.



Go figure!

And I discovered word clouds over at Dave’s today, and thought it rather fun. Apparently it’s been going around for a while, but as I haven’t seen it before I’ll take a chance that you haven’t either.





Also, meant to say, and should have said earlier, thank you FTS, you've made my day!

11 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

nice blog, FTS sent me.

Sunday, February 05, 2006 6:55:00 pm  
Blogger Page Turner said...

What an honor to be chosen! I'm very impressed and envious!

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:13:00 pm  
Blogger Skunkfeathers said...

FTS dropped kicked me to come by, before realizing he was kicking a skunk...them's the breaks.

Nice blog, and amusing photos. The 'world of islands' is something I just recently heard about.

BTW, if you're blogging from the tub, I might suggest wireless gear...

;)

Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:53:00 pm  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

FTS sent me. But I already hang out over here anyway, and feel quite at home! Mess? What mess?

Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:02:00 pm  
Blogger Karen said...

You've got a great place here, FTS knows an excellent blog when he sees it. :-)

Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:33:00 pm  
Blogger phoenix said...

FTS didn't warn you? Shame on him ;)

NO matter, we would love ya anyways :D

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:03:00 am  
Blogger Vickie said...

You have a great place here, oh yes I cam from FTS's place and how dare he not prepare you but then if he had we would not have caught you with your pants down and got to see your better side.:)

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:20:00 am  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

Congrats on the honor of being chosen as FTS's weekly blog! I understand why he chose you. Fun and entertaining! Only got a glimpse (it's half time and the game is about to start again!) but I'll be back!

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:28:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

The subtle trick of diverting all your new readers on to me, by putting a link, didn't work. Nice try.

Monday, February 06, 2006 7:38:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

That Earth atoll gave me a shiver.

So, you gonna still hang with me, now that you've been discovered by the popular people?

Just kiddin'. Have a great week.

Monday, February 06, 2006 3:52:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

Well I see that FTS featured you, but of course I already visit you anyway! I so know how you feel though. It's exactly how I felt when he spotlighted me. I had no idea in advance and then felt pressured to come up with something great for all the new visitors.

Anyway congrats on being the spotlight of the week!

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 5:40:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home