Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I’m trying something new…


This chap*
has started a new blog, writing forty words a day, for a year, on people who have made an impression upon his life, and mm told me about it as she too is having a go. I love the idea!

It took me half an hour to get down to forty words, but seeing as I wrote one, I figured I might as well create a new blog and join in! Fancy it?

This doesn’t mean I’m giving up here, just that I could do with being a bit more concise and this seems like a fun exercise to help me achieve better writing. And as I said, I love the idea of remembering those who have meant something to me! Just hope I can remember 365 of them…


* (I don't actually know he is a chap, may be a lady, in fact it's such a good idea, it probably is a woman!) Added: err, yes, he's a chap!

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I suspect today's post where he refers to himself as little Mr Been there implies that he is indeed a chap.

Sorry. Men get good ideas too, you know. ;)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 5:32:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

What a great idea! I'll have to contemplate joining the fun....

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 11:34:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

very cool. I wonder if I've even known 365 people!

Thursday, January 26, 2006 2:42:00 am  
Blogger Page Turner said...

Sounds like a long trip down memory lane. I have been incorporating a similar idea in my blog, however, it's not everyday that I choose to write about someone, and there is no possible way I can be that concise. I would explode if I could only use 40 words. Hmmmm, it sounds challenging though. Just reading your first entry makes me want to ask questions about the woman, Molly was it?

Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:25:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Yikes. I have too many blogs as it is. Sorry, Jona & Maureen, but I'm already depressed enough by my ability to keep only one blog running continuously.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 5:11:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

What a lovely idea. I'm sure you'll be able to come up with 365 if that's your goal.
Kristy

Thursday, January 26, 2006 6:37:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home