Monday, January 16, 2006

Preliminary verdict…

We’ve had satellite TV for exactly one week, my verdict: I hate it!

Don’t get me wrong, it sure is clever how you can pause live programs and record up to 80 hours of rubbish stuff, and there is all of one show that I’m not adverse to watching, and I’m really happy the BH is happy, but…the noise is driving me INSANE!

Bad enough that I’m subjected to hours of Scooby-doo each-and-every-damn-day, when S gets in from school. And the Pokemon/Futurearma/Malcolm/Simpsons shows the boys adore are leaving a trail of irritating theme tunes rattling around the darkening abyss that is my mind, but at least they’re catchy! But what is tipping me over the edge of reason are the crowds. You see, even when the BH can’t find a footie match to watch (and there ARE plenty!) he’ll flick over and re-discover his enjoyment of rugby, or take a peek at the American version, and what do all these televised sports come with? Yes, CROWDS!

And what’s my number one hated noise? Yes again, CROWDS! Does the BH know this? Well bloody hell, after fifteen years of living with me, HE SHOULD!

You know I'll have to delete this, before he sees it.

6 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Do you not see the "mute" button? Sports on TV works just fine with the sound off. The results don't change.

Monday, January 16, 2006 10:40:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

I love having lots of channels to choose from. I can nearly always find something interesting to watch when I want to. The problem is, the TV is on ALL THE TIME and always on the kids' channels. The noise really does drive me crazy. In fact, as I type this the kids are in bed but somehow the TV was left on the Disney Channel. making noise. I'm cringing at the noise, when really I should get up off my duff and go turn it off! Which I am going to do right now.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 1:59:00 am  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Awww --- sorry you're experiencing ill effects of the satellite. I live alone so the channel is always on something I LIKE so I don't have to worry about that -- but I can certainly see your point and it would drive me insane as well!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:12:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I hate crowds too. I have been known to stay away from certain venues just because I think it will be crowded.

I feel for you. That's the reason I won't let Greg have satellite TV, there is ALWAYS a game of some sort on. ALWAYS! Poor, poor Jona!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:31:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Having just the four terrestrial channels to chose from, I get a lot of reading done.

Still, if the family are all occupied with the TV, you can sneak away and blog more often.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:29:00 am  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

One more reason to be thankful my old man is never home. ;)
Lois Lane

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 4:55:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home