Monday, January 09, 2006

Monday update (because I can’t resist!)

The new satellite TV is going down well, as I discovered within half an hour of turning it on. I thought S might like to watch Scooby-do in the time we had before leaving to collect the others from school, and I was right, she was thrilled.

So thrilled that when I told her it was time to leave, she refused. I persisted. So did she. At three years old she’s telling me, she’s staying home to watch TV instead!

Deciding I didn’t want a hissy tantrum I stood right in front of her (lounging on the couch) and told her (firmly!) to turn the television off. When she sat up I thought I was winning! But it was just to see around me.

I think normally I might have got cross, but in truth I couldn’t help giggling at her determination, and how I was being proved RIGHT about how disruptive having endless TV could be. So I picked her up by her heals and carried her upside down and squealing with delight to the off switch.

And she still refused! By that time we were approaching need-to-leave-NOW-time and I had to get tough, so turned it off myself. Unfortunately, sure enough she was screaming as I tucked her under my arm and headed for the door! Hehe…

3 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

That is very funny. Good luck with your little sofa spud. :)
Lois Lane

Monday, January 09, 2006 11:12:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

haha -- I can just picture you toting her off like a sack of potatoes or something --- too funny. Determined little thing isn't she? But she's so darn cute - I had given in....

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:28:00 am  
Blogger Monique said...

He he, sounds just like my little three-year-old!

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:33:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home