Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Okay…I think I can breathe again…

Apparently my absence of the last few days was down to a loose wire – which is now fixed – YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!! But...why haven’t my problems ended? I still keep getting knocked off every few minutes, but EVERY time I phone the helpline to SCREAM at them - it comes online immediately!! Very frustrating. And we know it’s the phone companies fault as lots of our friends are complaining of the same thing and it’s no secret they’re screwing around with the system as the island is about to let other companies in to offer the same service! Guess who’ll be jumping ship first?!

But never mind, I’m here right now and am hoping the kids will stay content with their movie long enough to allow me to visit some of you, back later for a proper post…


What I wrote on the 2nd January:

I’ve woken to my second day without the internet and phone. I think I’m coping quite well. Have discovered I don’t miss the phone at all – till I get bored without the internet and think to call a friend, but it’s the internet that’s really bugging me! I didn’t even realise how much I use it for little things, like checking what a medicine I found in the back of the cupboard was for, or the ratings on a late night movie, and whether a book I found on my bookcase is a first edition – tiny things I hadn’t realised I used the internet for! And I’m missing my email a LOT. Not to mention all of you and eBay! It’s like falling off the world and knowing it’s going on without you. Bummer. I keep thinking, if I try it one more time – maybe it’ll work (like it did on NY Eve!) but it doesn’t, and I just waste time trying and hoping.

But I’m not shouting or screaming (which surprises even me!) and am instead sewing and reading. And playing Buzz on the playstation with the kids. It’s a music gameshow and the first few times we played it we thought it was great. Then I discovered my eldest is a little *#!*\#$

Bad enough that the game itself is out to nick your points with rounds such as ‘Pass the Bomb’ and ‘Point-stealer’ but then R goes out of his way to take joy in destroying his mother! Yes, it’s just me he’s out to get. He knows he can’t beat the BH on music trivia, he knows the girls are useless as they can’t even read the questions (though that hasn’t stopped J from beating me by just pressing whatever colour she fancies), and P is amazingly good for someone his age – but not good enough, so R’s out to get ME!

I always though he was such a nice boy, but this game has really shown me another side of him as he screams and jumps with glee at my downfalls. Charming. And how does he know so much about music anyway?

J was also ill with the vomiting bug. That’s all the kids this holiday now, and I’m sitting here not feeling good and am desperately hoping this queasy feeling is going to go away with my next cup of tea. I’m also tired and have decided it’s not healthy getting more than six hours sleep. I got eight last night and feel worse than ever for it. Must have been another noisy night in dreamland as I woke with puffy eyes and feeling disorientated like I’d slept forever.

It’s the final day of the BH’s holiday and we took the decorations down. Now it’s January, and I HATE January! Except for the stuff on sale. The UK stores understand what a Sale is (unlike ours here!) and I want to see what I can get delivered, but I can’t – because of the damned internet!


What I wrote on New Year’s Day:

Frankly my dear…

We have TV again! After many perilous trips to the roof by the BH, and lots of shouting out the window by me (visual updates), we again have TV! And in less than an hour I plan to drive any noisy children from the lounge and takeover the couch, so I can watch Gone with the Wind. Again. Yep, I’m a sucker for Rhett. In fact, I wanted to name P Rhett, but the BH wasn’t having any of it. And it’s probably not a bad thing considering how the namesake was a wus for stroppy women. (And it would have been confusing for bl*g purposes, having two R’s!)

Anyways, on to other things. Happy New Year! And with the exception of Dave who went to bed early (surprising as there was a cricket special on!), I don’t doubt you all had a more exciting time than I. But I got my midnight kiss, so the year started as it should! (Well, not quite, as I’m still struggling with internet access. At the moment it’s down and I’ve not been able to say good morning to any of you, and I’m not sure I’ll get to post this today, but being the first of January, I type with optimism!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Happy New Year to you. Good to see you back. Mow you've got tons of blogs to catch up on!

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 2:19:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Lots going on over at your place lady but I'm glad that you now have your internet, phone, and tv back. I'd personally go completely nuts without mine. Welcome back and Happy New Year!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:17:00 am  
Blogger Monique said...

Hapy New Year! We used to have a cable modem that kept losing it's connection, but we could NEVER duplicate the problem when the cable people were here. Finally gave up and switched to DSL.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:41:00 am  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Wow, it's like Gilligan's Island. No tv, no computer.... :)

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 2:35:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hooray for me, because I can read every word. Thanks for hanging in there, Jona/Debi.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:55:00 am  
Blogger annieandme said...

I get the puffy eyes if i sleep more than 6 hours - feel disorientated, confused, detached- have you gone to see a doctor about this ? I CAN'T FUNCTION WHEN THIS HAPPENS AND FELL LIKE I'M LOOSING IT!!

Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:35:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home