Sunday, December 18, 2005

You can tell we’re on holiday…

So far we have sorted out the girls clothes, removed their beds, put up the bunk beds, re-hung their curtain pole and curtains, finished the lounge curtains, started on the cushions, hoovered, cleaned windows, finished the boys blinds, wrapped Santa’s gifts, amassed four loads of laundry, and played tag-rugby. Well I didn’t play, the BH did (that’s why he’s the Better Half) but I stood taking photos (big raspberry to Dave ;o))

Guess which child is mine (hint: we were told to wear silly hats today! Am I the only parent forcing encouraging my child into the spirit?!)



It was fun to see so many of the dads show up, turns out quite a few of the lads come from rugby playing families, and if they take after their fathers will be forces to be reckoned with. Unfortunately the BH never played rugby and the look on his face was priceless when several of the tanks men began whipping off their coats and diving for the tags with glee at the opportunity to show off their prowess. Once on the pitch the BH did look like he was having fun, and at the end of one and a half hours he declared his morning invigorating (and it's not often he says that!)

They mixed the ages up, which was fair as most of the grown men were taking full advantage of their extra arm length by plucking the ball out of the boys arms, with a giggle as they went! It was also the men who were ignoring all shouts of ‘TAG!’ in their determination to score tries. But no one minded, the mood was good and everyone had a laugh.

Now I must get on, I still haven’t got those pesky Christmas cards written...

9 Comments:

Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Is "hoovering" like vacuuming? But what if you own a "Eureka"? Love the hat! I think I spotted the one you meant ;)

Sunday, December 18, 2005 8:25:00 pm  
Blogger Monique said...

Oh wow, wanna come get some things done around my house??

Monday, December 19, 2005 1:01:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

I'll have that raspberry on a cheesecake, with extra cream, please.

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:40:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I havent done my cards either! It gives me great relief to know I'm not alone.

Monday, December 19, 2005 12:28:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I want to wear a funny hat too!

You are entirely too energetic. This must stop! I can't be the only lazy one.

Monday, December 19, 2005 2:47:00 pm  
Blogger poopie said...

That's a most excellent hat. I'm gonna ask Santa to bring ME one!

Monday, December 19, 2005 4:07:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

As cute as your kid's hat is, I think I'd pay money to see the dads step into the game. LOL!
Lois Lane

Monday, December 19, 2005 4:50:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

love the hat! Enjoy it while you can. You can only force them to make fools of themselves for a little while! :)

Monday, December 19, 2005 7:51:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Wow lady - you sound as busy as I've been but of course you know about that from my site! :) It's nice to see that someone is getting things done around their house -- wanna come help me with mine? :) please? come on...NO? Pretty please? :)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:46:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home