Sunday, December 11, 2005

It’s been a busy few days.

Who am I kidding - it's always busy! (But the difference is, I’m still smiling)

I had a wonderful birthday this year, thanks in part to all *your* lovely birthday wishes! Thank you, they mean a lot to me. And to add to my delight, the BH took the day off and accompanied me into town to attack the Christmas list. He’s still recovering, whereas I’m thinking it was the easiest it’s ever been!

We also bought a tree, a fake one. It wasn’t an easy decision to move over from the real thing, but my carpet is grateful, not to mention the kids whose chore it was to water our previous trees. And you don't get the pine smell if you opt for the no-drop needles anyway, so... The new fake one also came with lights attached, which almost made the decorating a joy! We should have done this years ago. Another added bonus is we had lights left over, which we’ve put up around the kitchen and made the children jump around with glee. The only complaint has come from my father, who thinks it's too dull - but he's got his own to keep him happy!


Oh, and if you look at the photo, you will see the curtains – my curtains – the ones I’ve been making (forever!). And no, they’re not finished. Nearly, but they need hemming, which I shall attempt to get around to this week.







And talking of the children (I was! Jumping around, remember?!), J did well at her ballet recital. Though it is a wonder how her ballet teacher puts up with all J’s chattering – but I’m not complaining as it was only a couple of years ago we were worried sick because she didn’t talk!









And P had a rugby match this morning. It was freezing and the frost was so thick it looked like it’d snowed during the night. But the sun soon melted it away and P remembered his thermals, proudly telling the lad next to him, that he was wearing three layers. P’s under 8 team played the under 7’s, and they got their asses whipped by the shortest, prettiest little girl. Yep, virtually single-handedly she ran the boys of both teams ragged. (But I told P not to worry, because in a few seasons her parents will start to worry about broken noses and cauliflower ears, and pull her from the team.) Actually I’m being a tad unfair saying they got whipped, as the under 8’s did manage to draw the match – but it should have been a picnic, and it was anything but!

And I must remember it’s *silly hats and the parents match next week – am trying to persuade the BH to go in my place, that or I’ll have to wear high heels, or borrow crutches maybe…




* yes I know P's serious hat is pretty silly in it's own right, but he LIKES it, and those of you that've heard about P before, will remember what an awkward little darling he can be!

5 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Pretty tree! And while I love the real ones I, too, have settled on an artificial one. It's so much easier to put up, etc than it was for me to go buy and haul home a real one (since I'm single and have no one to help with such matters). I'll have to post a picture of mine on my spot! :) Your daughter is beautiful and your son is cutie! :) I know you are very proud of them! I would be too! :)

Monday, December 12, 2005 12:26:00 am  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Parents are playing? Ugh... that reminds me of the very last game of my daughter's softball season. It was announced that the after season party would include a parents against the girls game. I felt pretty sure I'd have to fake my death or something since it was going to be impossible to live up to my big mouth: all season long every time my daughter had made a great play I stood up and shouted (lied, rather) "I taught her that!"

Monday, December 12, 2005 4:24:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

BH should go as well with camera, so we can see pictures of you playing rugby in high heels and with silly hat. ;0

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:45:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

I think your son's hat looks like a perfectly respectable toque. He'd fit right in.

Nice tree. Maybe it's time for us to switch to a fake one. Not that I mind going to the Christmas tree farm and slogging through the snow to find the perfect one. That part's fun, and I'm not the one who has to drag it back to the car. It's just we're not very good at it. This year we all agreed on one with a beautiful shape, but were so focussed on that, we didn't pay enough attention to height. So Christmas tree 2005 is on lifts - 2 layers of brick to bring it to a respectable height.

Monday, December 12, 2005 11:50:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

SS – thank you, and yes they do make me proud :o)

Ivy – luckily I haven’t shouted much this season! But I can do without making a fool of myself when I should be tucked up in my warm bed ;o)

Dave – That’s just cruel!!

Maureen, Lol, up on bricks?! Well at least the pressies will sit nicely around the base ;o)

Monday, December 12, 2005 12:49:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home