Friday, December 02, 2005

An odd thing

This morning the BH got up first to make the tea, and I’m sure any normal person would like their Better Half’s to do this occasionally – and I’m not complaining. It’s just, if I don’t get up within a minute or two of waking I stay tired for hours into the day.

Having said that, I was pleased it was him who first went into the kitchen today, because there was a BIG puddle waiting. When the BH came back to bed he told me that the dishwasher had leaked (you remember it’s a temperamental sod at the moment). But when I got up and took a look at the floor around the dishwasher it was dry, so the BH checked the ceiling, and that’s fine too.

So where did our puddle come from? My suspicions lie with the dog! The weather here at the moment is screwy beyond belief and last night when I tried to tempt him out into the wind and rain, Ryker (my dog), stuck his nose out the door then thought better and headed off for his bed instead.

I’m impressed, as my last words to him last night were, ‘If you pee on my carpet, I’ll skin you!’ It’s a wise dog who opts for the tiles. And of course if I had a sense of smell and the BH didn’t have a cold, we’d probably know for sure!

8 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

You could test with litmus paper - I'm sure it'd be alkaline, or acid, or something different to water anyway.

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:31:00 pm  
Blogger Huw said...

When it's raining, my cat Trevor will peer out of the frontdoor, turn up his nose and swish his tail in disgust and then trot to the backdoor and demand to be let out, fully expecting different weather.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:25:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Okay now you have to confess, did you ASK the dog if he did it? Come on, tell the truth! I bet you pointed your finger at the puddle and asked him if he did that. ;)

Have a great weekend!
Lois Lane

Friday, December 02, 2005 6:38:00 pm  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

haha -- smart dog that Ryker is!

Friday, December 02, 2005 9:58:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

It is really sad when the only one with a sense of smell (the dog) refuses to rat himself out.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 1:15:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

My dog is the same way. One day he held it all day long until 10pm that night just because it was raining outside. He is such a priss. If it is snow he loves it. He thinks the rain will make him melt.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 4:56:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

With a name like Ryker, of course he piddled. "Number One, get over here!"

Oy, it's come to this: telling Star Trek TNG jokes. Forgive me.

Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:20:00 pm  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Good doggy, not going on the carpet. Much harder to clean up that way!

Sunday, December 04, 2005 2:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home