Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Where the heck did November go?!

Dropping J off at school this morning, I was reminded the School Christmas Fayre is this Friday. THIS Friday! Is it me, or is Christmas coming around earlier each year? Actually I know the answer to that – it is me!

When I was younger I used to be organised, one year I even had the shopping done by 1st October – this year? Err, well, I’ll try and get into town at the weekend, or maybe next week. And of course this Nano thing hasn’t helped in the least (except for improving my general mood, and you can find me on cloud number 9 – and it’s been a darn long time since I was here last!!)

Ooo, and I’m going to pause here and shout WELL DONE, MAUREEN! Maureen hit her 50k last night, and (if she's anything like me) is no doubt dancing around her kitchen this morning, and just starting to notice how filthy the floor is.

But coming back down to earth and remembering what a crap mom I am, I have to find some stuff for the school fayres lest my little darlings are the only ones without stuff to sell.

And I haven’t started the curtains yet. The BH pointed out if I tackled them like I have done the writing this month, they’d be finished and up in a jiffy. But as I told him, my motivation isn’t there (except when it’s dark and cold and I’m worrying about the cost of oil) and they don’t bring me the same satisfaction. Oh so generously, the BH retorted, “Yeah, but they’ll bring the rest of us, a whole lot more!” Umm, what is it to be appreciated!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

'Is it me, or is Christmas coming around earlier each year? '

Spooky. those were the very words with which I started last Sunday's sermon.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 11:36:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Thanks, Jona. I just realized I've been spelling your new name wrong. Sorry. I still have a couple thousand words to go, but I'm putting it on the back burner for a couple days to clean my house. (I'd put it on the back burner if I could find my back burner, that is...)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 12:02:00 pm  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

hmmm, I can't say I'd be much thrilled to work on curtains either. :)

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 3:49:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Happy Thanksgiving first Jona! LOL!
Lois Lane

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 6:06:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Great minds, Dave ;o) Or maybe we’re just feeling old and grumpy?!

Good luck, Maureen, but it’s just not as much fun :o(

IW, thank you :o) and I must chase up my cards too!

Ivy – I’d already figured you are a woman after my own heart ;o)

No Newz, Us Brits don’t do Thanksgiving – one the one hand, it’s a shame as the sentiment is wonderful, on the other - thank heavens!!

MOH – You’d better not be complaining!!!

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:13:00 am  
Blogger kyknoord said...

"Lest" is such a perfect word. Made my day.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:24:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Less of the old, if you please.

Naturally grumpy though.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 2:56:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home