Thursday, November 17, 2005

You know that old saying…

Careful what you wish for, because you might just get it…

Well, that’s what my Nano story is about, a girl learning the hard way that you have to be very specific with your wishes because sometimes they do come true.

It’s six thirty in the morning and I should be carrying on with that story, as early in the morning or late at night is when the writing comes easiest for me. But right now I can barely type this damn post!

I wish for things.

I wanted to lose some weight before Christmas, and as I now don’t own a pair of tight jeans, I should be thrilled. But as my boobs are vanishing faster than my butt I’m discovering it’s not about weight, and more about proportions. Then again, when Christmas arrives I should be able to put this wish right, so I won’t fret yet.

I wished for my muse to return, and he has! And so far, that’s great. Except he’s a little consuming, and I’m a little tired. But again, I’ll get November out the way, and then discuss our working relationship with him.

No the wish that I’m truly regretting is that one I made, to remember my dreams. Well now I have that wish. The last three nights I have woken and they’ve all be clear and bright as day. And now I want them to go away. On the first morning, I was amused, thinking that maybe I should write horror stories. Yesterday I was subdued, and began to wonder what my subconscious was trying to tell me. Today, I am just a wreck, and I’ve already had three cigarettes and spent half an hour trying to stop crying and write this damn thing!

Yep, I should learn to be very, very careful for what I wish for.

14 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Congrats on how well your NaNoWriMo is going. Glad your muse has moved in for the duration!

I promise I'll do a blog on dreams some time soon. I messed around with my dreams in the first year of med school, and got frightened enough by it to leave it alone. Bottom line: I think whatever it is that generates dreams (1) has a deeply wicked sense of humor and (2) doesn't like to be f'd with.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 7:39:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Isn't it odd? Mostly your postings get a steady flow of comments, but not this one. It's the third time I've been here (just in case you've posted something else) and I couldn't think of anything to say.

Perhaps we're all frightened of mentioning your boobs.

Oops.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:31:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Oh good, Dave. I was afraid I'd be the one to accidentally mention her boobs!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:49:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Doug, I’ll look forward to reading about it – especially as I had no idea dreams could be messed around with! But if there’s a way, then I want in, to kick the dream master’s butt!

Dave – I think it’s because my posts are becoming so boring, few are coming to visit me anymore *sob*. And I most surprised it was you who mentioned my boobs first (not that there’s a much to talk about ;o))

Maureen – I’ve just updated and I’m ahead of yoooooouuuuuuu ;o)

Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:36:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

'And I most surprised it was you'

Good heavens, you're turning into Yoda. Except it would be even better as: 'And I most surprised you it was'.

Sorry, forget I mentioned it.

And the other thing.

Things.

Which I didn't mention.

;-)

Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:04:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

FTS - Umm, actually I normally enjoy getting what I wish for, but my wishes tend to be on the small side (easily pleased, as my BH says ;o))

Dave, Lol, alright - I type too fast! And I don't need to forget because I wasn't shocked, just surprised as there were other men here first ;o)

Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:17:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh, and while we're mentioning typos, you're not a wreak.

there, that's pushed up the number of comments for you.

Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:46:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Oh my goodness! And I read it through! Guess I'll have to blame it on lack of sleep (as opposed to just being dim ;o))

Thursday, November 17, 2005 5:57:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is your secret for conjuring up your muse?

Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:51:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Lita, having tried many tips over the last couple of years, it seems to be: signing up for NaNoWriMo with Maureen and Doug watching me ;o)

Up for it next year?

Thursday, November 17, 2005 6:57:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Make notes for blogging later. And b**g about them right now, like Hoss did today. In any case, don't let them go to waste.

(P.S. Boobs are overrated.)

Friday, November 18, 2005 1:10:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Ugh. It's nearly 10PM here and I have yet to get started.

Here we go . . .

Friday, November 18, 2005 5:49:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

This is spooky! I woke at 3 am with a dream vivid in my mind. I dreamed that I was writing a comment on your blog!

Friday, November 18, 2005 8:08:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

MOH – Sorry to hear you suffer too. My daughter S also has a lot of nightmares and I’m thinking maybe they run in families – does anyone else in your family experience them?

Hoss – so are you a leg man?

Doug – I managed nothing yesterday :o(

Dave, so now I'm causing spooky dreams ;o)

Friday, November 18, 2005 10:57:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home