Monday, November 07, 2005

Flying post

I’m afraid my lack of time (due to Nano) is starting to take its toll. When I’m not busy tapping away my waffle for the word count, I’m either exhausted or doing something completely different for the distraction.

On the upside I have finally got around to making most of my Unused Templates IE friendly. I can’t explain why, but I get an immense satisfaction from playing with them! And if anyone wants to use them, feel free to give me a shout. (But if you want your own pictures or lots of tweaking, you may be waiting till the end of November!)

I’ve also started the Christmas shopping, which is bringing its own guilt. The kids are so excited and are now counting the days and have given me a couple of lists of ideas. Which they keep adding to. Unfortunately, except for my eldest, R, none of them have a clue how much things cost and P’s list alone totals hundreds of pounds worth, he doesn’t stand a chance and I’m worried he’s going to be very disappointed!

What’s truly hard is, when I try and explain we have a budget P smiles sweetly and tells me it’s okay, he’ll ask Father Christmas. So I told him I thought his requests a little rich, even for Santa, but apparently Santa is extremely generous with most of the boys in his class. Hmm, his days of believing in Santa may be numbered.

We also need some new Christmas decorations this year, as the last lot we bought a decade ago have now dwindled to a few paltry baubles, and I can’t even get the bulbs our fairy lights use anymore! I bought four packs of paper chains this morning, so that should keep the kids busy one afternoon and get out house feeling a little festive (and NO we don’t decorate till mid December, but everything sells out by then!)

Any other inexpensive decorating ideas welcomed! (But no homemade biscuits or candies on the tree – our dog can jump!)

Oh, and whilst I'm here, I shall take this opportunity to say: My husband is a SAINT! I know you've heard it before (and you probably shall again), but he was such a sweetheart and cleaned the house for me yesterday (giving me time to type), I need to say a big THANK YOU :o)

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I know you're under a lot of stress, but what are Christmas babbles?

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:25:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Lol, thanks Dave :o) Babble would be what I do, bauble was what I meant ;o)

Monday, November 07, 2005 12:39:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Dang on the dog, because stringed popcorn is about as cheap a decoration as you can get. Pretty, too. So it goes...

Monday, November 07, 2005 4:51:00 pm  
Blogger Huw said...

As a child I was told that my parents had to pay Santa for some of the stuff he brought. After some consideration, this struck the child me as perfectly reasonable.

"If that's the case," I confided to my parents "I think we can put out the economy mince pies this year."

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:39:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that your husband helped out with the house. What's your secret?

Monday, November 07, 2005 11:56:00 pm  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I think it's so sweet you called your husband a SAINT. Mine found my blog and found out I cleaned my fingernails with his toothbrush :(

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:25:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Guess I'm not the only p'whipped husband out there ;o)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 2:44:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home