Monday, October 31, 2005

Posting something is better than nothing, right?

Oh for heaven’s sake! I’ve started three posts, but each time I get interrupted and my train of thought vanishes before I sit down again.

My first post was about all I have achieved in the last two days. A cleaning post extraordinaire! But all you really need to know is, I haven’t stopped and my house was clean and tidy for an entire seven minutes today. Of course, there’s no way you could look around and know that now, but it was, I swear!

My next post was about ghosts, I suppose because I’d been reading several accounts of ghoulish tales. But as we don’t celebrate Halloween and have no scary stuff about, my mood has moved on already.

And my last post was about the dream I had last night. Yep, my mind did as it was told this morning and allowed me to recall enough fragments to piece it together. Thinking about it now, although it is Halloween and some of you are into frightening stories, I’m not going to explain. But I won’t be attempting to remember my dreams again, as I have decided the mind has reasons for forgetting stuff.

So now I’m stuck. My thoughts are on NaNoWriMo that begins tomorrow, and in which I am hoping to take part. Not entirely hopeful I’ll get a great start as R has got a friend around, and P needs taxiing about to be with his. But you never know!

7 Comments:

Blogger Huw said...

So, am I right in guessing the daily 1700 words NaNoWriMo is going to be demanding of you will mean Lentual Vitae dries up a fair bit this month?

Do we get a synopsis?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:31:00 am  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Good luck with it I hope it all works out great :) I had a thought today that I'm starting to really look forward to my daughter being able to drive herself. yikes

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 1:33:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

NaNoWriMo? You are a glutton for punishment. Need 500 words on Oregon history, so you only have to come up with the other 49,500?

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:48:00 am  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

we all have moments of blogger block -- I'm sure you'll overcome it soon! :)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 5:59:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Do you realise that your title uses words taken from my (second) post of last Friday, put up because I'd seriously offended someone by quoting something from their blog without permission?

Are you looking for a fight?

Don't worry. I'm not.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 7:33:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Huw – It might, but then again, maybe I’ll just get to the point sooner ;o) And no, you don’t get a synopsis – I haven’t got one!!

Thanks Ivy, but you’re only just looking forward to your daughter driving? My 11 year old knows he will be taking his test within a month of turning 17 and I’m giving him my car!

Thank you Hoss :o)

MOH – Luckily it’s about quantity not quality, quantity I don’t find so hard ;o)

Thanks WM!

Dave – Yikes, now you’ve said it YES! I suppose such words of wisdom, coming from a kind, generous, and forgiving genius, must have stuck :o)

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 8:26:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just visited the NaNoWriMo site. 50K is a lot of words in one month but it is good to have a timeframe. My novels end up with approx 92K words and it takes me about a year. Good luck.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005 2:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home