Friday, October 28, 2005

The Unexpected

I’ve been sat here thinking about my day, and all things considered it’s been a good one! As I don’t often get to write that, I’ll tell you why.

Firstly, the sky was beautiful this morning. So many hues of blue, light through to dark, with the wispiest of clouds. Totally dreamy, and the only improvement would have been having the time to find a stretch of ground to lie and watch it for a while.

The other thing that cheered me, was a compliment from a mother at school. She thinks I’m calm and organised, and was believably sincere. HA HA HA!!! Told you I fake a good front!

Other moments from my day that were less joyous include, visiting the hospital for a pelvic ultra-sound. If I wasn’t still in shock, I might be able to write an amusing post on how naïve I was about what’s involved, and how it would’ve been considerate if my doctor had forewarned me. Between the humiliation and need to pee, you really don’t want to know more.

We had the first alleged use of the F-word by one of my children. Guess which one? At least pretend you can’t guess!! Yep, according to my b-friend’s son, P told him to.

But….. I’m not one hundred percent convinced. The accuser looked mighty shifty when I hauled P in to explain himself. At the time I sent P to his room, but spoke to him after the accuser had left and P was very confused over what he was supposed to have said, and asked me what the word was. I didn’t tell him, but warned if I ever hear him using bad language I’ll knock him into next week. (Which of course I wouldn’t, as he’s too old now and would probably remember for all eternity, waving it over me as the cause for all possible ills in the world.) And there’s also the history between these boys, they grate on one another and this lad’s been in trouble for using the F-word himself and knew my boy would be reprimanded. So I’m left with a smidgen of doubt at his word and hesitation over how harshly to punish P. Then again, maybe I’ve turned into one of those over-protective mothers who can see no wrong in her children. Crikey, I hope not. Guess I’ll just to have to wait and see if it happens again.

Oh, and I had great stress today! My net link kept going down!!! Ugh, if there’s one way to make me waste my time in front of the computer, it’s to drop my broadband! Reckon I could cope without almost anything, but not the internet!!! I kept hitting that ‘connect’ button, but got nowhere. Is it just me who’s this sad? Don’t answer that, I doubt it’ll make me feel like a grown up.

And today’s big irritation was… drumroll… or rather, magic wand sound. A pink princess wand was left in the back of my car, and the bloody melody went off each and EVERY time I went over a bump. Or turned a corner. Or indicated. Or stopped. And the worst thing was I kept forgetting to take it out the car. Until I reached the end of the driveway. But by then I’m late and can’t be turning around. It’s out now, and if it ever gets left in my car again, I swear it’s going out the sodding window!

So, how many of you think of me as calm and organised? I’m still laughing ;o)

5 Comments:

Blogger Susie Sunshine said...

Dirt Monkey's teacher mentioned how nice it was to have homemade cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting for his birthday treat.

I did not have the heart to tell her the only reason I made everything from scratch was because I didn't realize I didn't have any cake mix and was too tired to run to the store to get more.
Thus the non-deserved Martha reputation continues............

Friday, October 28, 2005 10:31:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I know that pink princess wand very well. Lil MIss had one laying on her bed and when I was cleaning her room after the robbery every time I would toss something on the bed that darned melody would go off. It was driving me nuts!

I've never heard of a pelvic ultra-sound so I'm not sure what it is but I have a vivid imagination and I don't think I want one.

Friday, October 28, 2005 11:14:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Excuse Mr. Buttinsky, but I think you should rationally discuss the F-word with P. He's going to learn it eventually, why not now when it"s "on the tip" on someone's tongue. Gives you a chance to tell him why it's bad. But good luck, in any case.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 12:32:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Once there were two little brothers, one was 5 and the other was 7. One morning, the 7 year old was exlaining to the 5 year old that they were getting older, and it was time for them to start using a few curse words.
They went to breakfast and their Mother asked them what they wanted to eat.
"Aw hell Mom, just gimme some corn flakes" said the eldest. SMACK! The Mother smacked the 7 year old, both boys started crying. "We won't have any of that around here", said the Mom, "Now go to your room!"
The crying 7 year old left the table to go to his room.
The Mother turns to the younger, "And what do you want for breakfast young man?" The still blubbering 5 year old replied, "I don't know Mom, but you can bet your ass it won't be corn flakes!"

Saturday, October 29, 2005 1:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the "people think you're calm thing" very well. I get that ALL the time meanwhile I live on Nexium. One time I blew up at the office and everyone sat at their desk with their mouths hanging open and then talked about it for days afterward and showed up for work on time.

Saturday, October 29, 2005 2:35:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home