Sunday, October 16, 2005

Oh good, he wants to play again!

Last night I asked P what he planned to do about rugby this morning. He said he wanted to play again. But I’m no fool, and there’s no way I’m going through another Sunday like last week! So I told him in no uncertain terms only to say he wanted to play, if he REALLY meant it, and not to just say it because he thinks it’s what I want to hear (especially as in truth I’d really like a lie-in!) But he said he was sure, and that he understands he’s made a commitment to the club.

So bright and early this morning, up I got. But it wasn’t bright, it was raining. P wasn’t pleased and said he wasn’t so sure. Trying hard to keep my sigh silent, I told him to decide once and for all if he was a rugby player or not, because real rugby players aren’t worried about a drop or two of water!

Two hours later, this is what we looked like. Expect I didn’t take a picture of myself as my mascara had run in a most unglamorous fashion, and my hair was matted to my head.

I’m dry now. But I don’t feel it. My shoulders ache, the back of my chest aches, and I think I’ll go for a bath to warm up.



Oh and we have a visitor. One lone goose camping on our soon-to-be-finished deck. The BH won’t be pleased when he gets home, because they shit everywhere. Usually I chase the damn creatures away, but this guy looks like another goose gave him a pecking and he just wants a quiet spot to hide-out in, so I guess I'll leave him be.

7 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

He looks like a real rugby player to me! Looks like he's smiling through a lot of missing teeth!!
And you need a really good raincoat!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:05:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Mark, it's a gum shield - not missing teeth ;o)

Sunday, October 16, 2005 6:52:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

When BH gets home, DO NOT PASS UP THE OPPORTUNITY TO SAY:

"Honey, you wanna be goosed?"

Then stand bvy to explain to P what you meant.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:22:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I know, I said it looks like!! I bet it's a specially colored gumshield to intimidate the opponents!!!

Sunday, October 16, 2005 7:26:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Well, Mark, I didn't know it was a gum shield. I thought he was gearing up for Halloween!

As for the goose . . . feed him, keep him around. Christmas is just around the corner ;o)

Monday, October 17, 2005 1:15:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The goose is so cute. Let him stay.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 12:08:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

The goose has now gone, and the deck washed down!

And I like your mom MOH! The duckings never survive around here, thanks to the geese, cats and seaguls :o(

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 11:27:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home