Friday, October 14, 2005

TFI Friday, time for some fun!

I have noticed many people in the blogdom share details on who they find attractive. Unfortunately I don’t find many men personally appealing, it’s not that I can’t see their attributes it’s just I’m a right picky bitch when it comes to lusting.

But as I’m bombarded with other peoples dream squeezes, I thought I’d list my own. This hasn’t been easy, and after two weeks of consideration on the subject all I can come up with is four men, (I said I was picky!) though this is partly due to my decision to include only those I find attractive right now, so a lot of old or dead guys are out.

Also, as a married woman, and because my husband reads this blog and is already unimpressed with my chosen post subject, I shall begin by saying I’m lucky enough to be married to the perfect man and he wins hands down against these others. There you go, disclaimer done.

So on to the men who charm me!


I’ll start with the fluff, and the title of ‘Man I Would Most Like To Gaze At For The Day’. I have no idea if David Wenham is a pig or saint in his day to day life. Or even if he can act any character beyond Faramir, and quite frankly I don’t much care. He’s cute in a boyish way without being too pretty, he’s six feet and all firm. Plus when he’s not in LOTR he’s got red hair (Maureen pay attention), and this leads me to the romantic notion that he’s got the look of Jamie Fraser.



Coincidentally linked to David, is his brother in Lord of the Rings, Boromir, otherwise known as Sean Bean, and regular readers know I have loathing/lust thing for Sean. He gets my ‘Man I Would Most Like To Be Locked In A Room With’ title. But as I’ve said in the past, I can’t pinpoint what it is that makes my heart beat faster and my mind wander. However, I feel it only appropriate to try to find some positives, but it wasn’t his height, as he’s not even six foot; and though his hair is kind of floppy, it’s a thinning-need to-be-shaved way; I guess his eyes are kind of alright, if you like them small, which I don’t particularly; but luckily there’s nothing wrong with his bone structure, I like that. And he’s trim. I chose this picture of him, because it’s how I think of him: scruffy and in need of the beauty parlour. But not till I’ve done with him!



Third on my list is Christopher Eccleston. Another actor, which I know makes me kind of shallow, but I’ve been watching Christopher for years since he was in *Our Friends In The North, to becoming the ninth Dr. Who (darn shame he quit!), and he’s good whoever he plays! He gets to be my ‘Bloke Next Door With Sex Appeal’ due to his expressive face and presence of person. And he’s got a great voice too.




Last but certainly not least is Benedict Allen, he may not be polished but this man has balls! He’s an explorer and treks off on the most incredible travels, recording it all himself. Though gorgeously tall and broad with sometimes floppy hair, it’s his manner I adore the most. So gentle but firm, the man is a sweetheart with a spine of steel. I respect this man too much to want a locked room, he deserves ‘Man I Would Most Like To Travel The World With’. But only if the BH isn’t available of course.






*Another excellent actor from Our Friends In The North, Daniel Craig, has just been signed as the new James Bond and I think there’s little doubt he’ll be on plenty of women’s attractive lists in a year or two!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Odd. I had a feeling that somewhow you'd be a James Stewart woman.

Friday, October 14, 2005 4:06:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Dave - I AM a James Stewart woman! And I'm rather partial to Cary Grant too ;o) But they're dead, so missed my list.

Friday, October 14, 2005 4:10:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

'somewhow' is another of the typos for which I'm noted.

Must admit, it was an invisible rabbit told me about you and JS (that and my blog entry for 19/9).

Friday, October 14, 2005 6:05:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

I totally get the Sean Bean thing, Debi.

Friday, October 14, 2005 7:14:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

I totally don't get the Sean Bean thing, you two. Especially not based on that picture. You'd really pick Sean Bean over Viggo Mortenson?

Now, be honest.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:49:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Yes, Doug!

Viggo's alright (in a pleading, puppy dog way), but he doesn't make my imagination run riot ;o)

Saturday, October 15, 2005 8:08:00 am  
Blogger Huw said...

I love Sean Bean. Not the man. The name. Whenever I speak of him, I always say "The Actor Seen Been or Shorn Bawn, as you prefer".

Co-incidently, I possess The Actor Seen Been or Shorn Bawn's (as you prefer) jacket* from his role as Richard Sharpe, which a friend who worked on the series stole, and which I subsequently stole from them. Say the word, and a suitably "Huw In Need Of A Beauty Parlour Posing As The Actor Seen Been Or Shorn Bawn, As You Prefer" snap will be sent over!

*
http://www.southessex.co.uk/bios/images/seanbean.jpg

Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:34:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

That’s cool, Huw! I would love to see a picture of you in it! And if we ever meet, I’m stealing it from you ;o)

Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:02:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Very nice post. I agree with the Faramir guy, and Sean Bean a little too, but I don't know the rest of them.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 4:32:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home