Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Update on the previous post

Being a nosey sod romantic I couldn’t help but look up at Catherine’s window this morning as I set out on the dog walk, and I noticed it was open. But upon returning to my car, it was closed, so I knew she was home!

I stood there hesitating for a moment and they decided I had to know if Allan was a stalker or a mislaid lover. Plus if he was stalker, I could apologise for my part.

Catherine answered immediately and I was greatly relieved to discover she loved my note (and is keeping it for posterity!), however she didn’t have Allan’s number.

But not to worry, for Allan knows what he wants and is a persistent soul.

At lunchtime yesterday another dog walker answered the ringing phone and too made a fool of himself shouting at her window.

They were reunited! And it seems to be love, because he’s coming back to the island next week and is moving in with her! Ahhhhhhhhh…

Don’t you just love a happy ending? I do.

(I just hope he's not leaving a wife and three kids for her ;o))

7 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

The happy ending lands you squarely in the romance category. Get writing.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:11:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

A little cryptic, don't you think? I mean, what was she wearing? Was she a mite, a whale? Teeth need straightening? Is she into antiques or froth? What kind of shoes was she wearing? What size? Was her hair freshly combed, or matted? Is she a Jersey-an or one of those Philippine made-to-order persons? Readers are entitled to this information, Debi. Do not fail us again. Right.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 4:15:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

What an awesome story! They will always remember you as the one that brought them together. I hope it all turns out for them. Good job.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:30:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

That does it, I am hanging up my cynical nature and am becoming a life long romantic. Thanks so much for following up on that. I think I'll go kiss my husband. Ain't love great!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 6:45:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Doug, I’m still thinking ;o)

Sorry Hoss, I won’t fail you again. And as you’re interested, she wasn’t long up and didn’t invite into her room as she wasn’t dressed, English (I know this because of her accent and guessing as she’s in a lodging house, which is where folks without housing qualifications live), and had a very low husky (sexy?) voice.

Thanks Anduin.

Daisy Mae, it’s not like I didn’t consider the same things ;o)

Dave – I did as told :o)

Mark, I don’t know how he knew the phone box number (the BH wondered the same thing) I can only assume he begged a soft touch in directory enquiries ;o)

MOH – Thank you!

Lita – we still have phone boxes all over the place :o)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:31:00 pm  
Blogger Huw said...

This tale is outrageously sappy. Even my bitter heart is touched.

Sob *cough cough* Ahem

Thursday, October 13, 2005 12:38:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Wouldn't it be great if they named the first kid after you?

Sighhhh...

Thursday, October 13, 2005 1:05:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home