Monday, October 10, 2005

Monday almost done!

Good day today. Can’t think of a reason for it, as I have started plenty, but finished nothing.

The BH is off work with a bad back. He’s in pain, poor thing. And he missed P’s first ‘House’ football match. I was there with the other kids, even though I’d threatened not to go when I was angry yesterday. But how could I not?


The first boy wasn’t good at football when he was seven. Or so I thought, until I saw P. He’s my son and I love him, but the boy has no coordination and throws like a girl. I know these things can be overcome with practice, but really, wouldn’t be easier to pick a game like rugby and just run through the opposition? (And I know he’s supposed to have these attributes for rugby too, but they are honestly less apparent!) But I’ll shut up about rugby because that’s still a sore point. With me. Not with him. In fact you’d never know yesterday had ever happened.

P’s House team lost, 3-2, and you can see who played second half in goal… Yep, though he worked hard and bobbed about with enough enthusiasm to pop, my boy had two goals sneak past him. But he took it well and walked away smiling.

I made a mistake when I stood next to a friend to watch the match. She’s nice, but competitive. Very. Very. Competitive. To the point of irritation, and I walked away liking her a little less. But I guess it won’t matter, so long as I remember to never again stand near her when her son is competing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Apropos of nothing, are you going to do the NaNoWriMo? I started thinking about it today. It would take me away from the TBC edit, but hey, it might be fun. I don't have a blessed idea in my head -- well, there is one, but it's too poorly formed to call it an idea. Call it an id.

Monday, October 10, 2005 11:10:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

Doug- do it anyway. You have nothing to lose, and writing the nano way is completely different (left brain? right brain?) to the way you currently write.

Getting away from TBC for a month will be a good thing for you.

Monday, October 10, 2005 11:37:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

The poor BH! I know back problems well. My sympathies to him. Tell him to lay on his side with a pillow between his knees. A small thing but it helps somewhat.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:25:00 am  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

My back hasd been hurting today too, probably from carrying UW scooters up and down ladders.
Hope your BH gets better soon.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 2:51:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Doug, I nearly responded this morning to say ‘no chance!’ to the NaNo write, but then spent the day thinking if I get all the Christmas stuff done early, I might. But now I’m thinking no again – but I am thinking about it (if that makes any sense ;o))

Thanks Daisy and Mark, he’s up and hobbling today :o)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:33:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Damn it, I got an idea today, and it's even more marketable than TBC. Hell, it has movie written all over it. Only problem is, I don't know how it ends.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:19:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home