Friday, September 30, 2005

Oh yeah, that was fun!

Last night we had to attend no.1 son’s ‘meet and greet’ with his teachers. Well, strictly speaking we didn’t have to attend, but the guilt and whining our son would inflicted upon us if we hadn’t of gone, just wasn’t worth it.

It was a nuisance from start to finish, because it meant dinner had to be early and all small people had to be ready for bed before we left to make life easier for the babysitter.

And we got our clothes all wrong. I mean, come on, why do people dress as though their going on an evening out when all they’re doing is meeting with over-stressed, under-paid teachers? But this was where we were mistaken, as there were caterers on hand serving salmon sandwiches and boar sausages with wine as we entered. In fact, if we hadn’t of been wearing sticky labels with our son’s names on it really would have been a proper night out!

Especially for the BH, as he pulled!

Though in fairness he didn’t encourage her. And I know this for a fact because I was stood right there next to him, getting more amused by the minute.

I suppose in my younger days I would have been extremely pissed off, but I don’t have the energy for that anymore, so I just watch as she giggled and blushed at everything he said.

The only thing she said to me was, ‘It’s just like a blind date, isn’t it?’ eerrr, NO, because unless the man is an idiot, he would leave his wife at home!

It all got more obvious when the room went quiet to listen to the Headmaster. Then she was really knocking back the wine and leaning toward the BH with her hand hovering to touch, and murmuring what I presume was a witty commentary.

Luckily there were other parents wanting to talk with her, and she had to wave bye-bye before she got totally pissed carried away.

The BH swears he didn’t realise what was going down, but he’s chuffed to bits and his words were, ‘ I’ve still got it!’

He surely has! But I’ve warned him, I’ll be paying close attention to R’s homework to make sure he isn’t assigned: find out your father’s email address.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wine at a parent/teacher meeting? Wow.

I attended my daughter's third grade meeting and her teacher was carrying on about what a great, warm, sensitive, loving child my daughter was. The teacher then paused and said to me and my husband, "Not the same kid at home, huh?" Not at all.

Friday, September 30, 2005 6:10:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

What an interesting night out for both of you. I found it very funny that your son's teacher was flirting with your husband and he didn't realize it. Mine is the same way. He misses what I see and then gets upset because I told him about it after the girl is gone. Like I'm going to let him enjoy flirting back. Riiight.

Friday, September 30, 2005 6:22:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hoo boy. You got desirable merchandise on your hands. Sell him into love slavery.

That business with the cats doesn't work. If you want to know if it's going to rain you have to see whether the goats have come down to the roadside at Roseburg, Oregon.

Friday, September 30, 2005 7:11:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Lita – I certainly wasn’t expecting the wine! And I can relate to your daughter’s teachers comment (maybe we should show pictures to make sure they’re talking about the right child ;o))

Anduin, so the BH claims! But he was doing a lot of smiling too ;o)

Hoss – is there a live-cam so I can check the goats from here?

Friday, September 30, 2005 7:33:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hilarious, Debi. Only thing I can remember like this: once, one of our geeky friends introduced us to an even geekier friend who proceeded to flirt shamelessly with Karen, even though she'd been introduced to him as my wife. Clueless!

Saturday, October 01, 2005 8:38:00 pm  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

Not fair! Wine? Salmon? Are you serious? We get served a dose of absolutely nothing when we go to these things, except a healthy serving of guilt. No wonder it's so hard to qualify to live in Jersey.

Saturday, October 01, 2005 9:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home