Thursday, September 22, 2005

Tired

I’ve been sitting here trying to think of something to write, which is ridiculous because I spend my days thinking ‘I’ll blog about that!’ So the problem isn’t thinking of something to write about, it’s finding the energy to transform my thoughts into words.

Okay I don’t have the energy, but shall bore you with waffle anyway. Try to bear with me. Actually whilst we’re talking about tiredness, mine is odd, as I’m getting more sleep than usual at the moment. But I’m more tired than ever. So I have come to the conclusion, it’s not about the total number of hours slept, but the pattern with which you get them. And thanks to the girls we’ve had a plenty of broken nights this week, though in fairness, I slept through two night visits and an extra person in my bed, on the night before last!

And my shoulders hurt. Like I’m getting sick or something, but I’m not, because there would be other bits hurting. Oh another bit does hurt! My knee. But I know why. I fell over, and if I’m going to fall over, I like to make a spectacle. No, that’s not true. I’d rather not fall over at all. But as I’m one of those people who does, I get used to it, and doing it with drama comes naturally.

It was a mushroom. A surprisingly slippery mushroom. Or maybe they’re all slippery, but I wouldn’t know, having only stepped on one. Today. In the middle of the supermarket. And I had three boxes of eggs in my basket and two loafs. It was a mess. And sore. My knee is sore! And no one helped me! What the hell is the matter with people? If I see someone on the floor I go over to help them up!!

Most of the time. Well, every time unless I think they’re drunk. Helping drunk people isn’t nice. Hang on, it is nice. Of me. But they’re often not nice. The last man wasn’t nice. In fact he was downright rude when I woke him up. But you can’t leave someone lying across a pavement, can you? Don’t answer that. Others have. And I disagree, I can’t leave people like that. So I guess I’ll still stop every time, even if I think they might be drunk and grumpy.

But back to my fall! It was sore. It is sore. Still, could have been worse. I’m not sure how, but I like to find silver linings, so I’ll tell myself it could have been worse.

But something nice happened today, so the karma evened out. S started her ballet lessons! She was sooooooo excited! And she’s cute when she’s excited. Adorable even! In fact today was a good day. I’ve only just realised that. Except I lost the boys, or rather they didn’t show up at ballet class when I expected them to.

It was the first time I’ve let them walk down from school without me. We’ve walked it every Thursday for the past year, so they know the way. And I know how long it should take them.

When they didn’t show at ballet, I decided to get the car so I could drive the route and find them, but luckily they came around the corner as I loaded the girls into the car. I asked where they’d been. Guess their answer!

The sweet shop. I frowned and no.1 son carried on talking quick. P had also lost his lunchbox so they’d had to go to lost property too. I told R that sounded like a better reason for making me fret, but in future I’d rather be without the lunchbox overnight than have that panicky feeling they gave me! Even so, they seemed really pleased with themselves, but I still went over some guidelines on what to do if we miss each other in future. I probably should have done that prior to this time! Never mind, I live and learn. (Though I maybe won't mention this escapade at the parenting class next Tuesday!)

And today’s Autumn Solstice! So I guess that means summer is really over. Shame, seeing as the weather’s perked up again. And it was pretty on the beach this morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

Don't you Brits have ancient pagan thingies you do at the turning of the seasons? Like fornicating on the hill at midnight? Or throwing the village virgin into the ocean?

Why don't you ever write about that stuff?

Thursday, September 22, 2005 11:09:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found comfort reading that I am not the only one who has issues when food shopping. LOL. I hope your knee is feeling better.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:44:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Maureen, I don't write about that stuff because it's a secret! Shhhhh!

Hi Lita, No my knee is worse! But thanks for your kind thought :o) I've read about your dislike of shopping too, and it cheers me up to know I'm not alone ;o)

Friday, September 23, 2005 1:39:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home