Saturday, September 10, 2005

The boy

We’re so poor, this is the state of our children’s shoes!











I’m joking.

I can afford shoes for my little darlings, it’s just that one little darling doesn’t like change. He insists on keeping to one style – which is fine, if you find a style he likes – but it means he can get away with removing shoes from the bin and wearing them without me noticing for a while!

I was in the coffee shop in town before I noticed he was wearing them today. And he’d chosen clean (huh?!) white socks to wear, so his toe was brightly visible once noticed.

I swear they were new, less than two months ago! Though I have to admit the condition is not unusual for this child’s shoes. I don’t know what it is about his feet, but he’s always going through his shoes (literally!) and in case you’re wondering, they are his correct size.

We immediately bought a new pair in town, but he wouldn’t let me give the old ones to the shop assistant to bin. So we carried them home, where I promptly relocated them to our bin (under a pile of papers!)

This afternoon he did this:






Now I see why he goes through his shoes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sabine said...

And you were right to expel Victor. He incorporates far too much back-story in his writing.

Let the Guernsey's have him.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 12:54:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I'm a big fan of Victor Hugo. Didn't his daughter die in Canada? I forget the name of the coastal town, it's a famous one though. Cold medicine is making my brain fuzzy so I can't think. It's right across from Maine.

Sunday, September 11, 2005 10:27:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home