Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Oops

I guess if I can’t take much joy in my day to day routine, it’s a good thing that others can.

Yep, yet again I wasn’t paying attention.

Having managed to get everyone ready for school, having instructed the boys where to wait, having explained to J that I’d be picking her up at lunchtime this week, and fended off S’s tears in the car as she realised J wouldn’t be going to nursery with her, you would think I could get the bloody right day!

Not that I got it all wrong. The boys and J’s schools were back, it’s just at nursery I’m a laughing stock.

The Aunties (that’s what the staff ask to be called) probably wouldn’t have laughed so hard, if this hadn’t of happened before. But I’m known for it.

In fact, they had a betting pool.

I knew what I'd done as soon as I turned into the car park and saw only the Aunties cars. And then Aunty Fi looked up as she unloaded her car and nearly collapsed from her giggles.

‘Only you!’ she shook her head at me, ‘Dammit, Mim and I bet you couldn’t do it again! I guess Jane knows you best.’

Jane arrived right about then and the pair of them laughed together at my dippiness.

The first time this happened I didn’t realise other people never make this mistake. But as the Aunties told both year groups and people were stopping me in the car park to tell me how funny it was, I came to realise other people really do pay more attention.

--x--

There isn’t a lot to say about the kids new classes. J couldn’t remember what she’d done ten minutes after I picked her up, and getting information out of P is harder than getting blood out of a stone today. R seemed to have a good time, but complained his new maths teacher seems to think it’s a military academy because he read the riot act before anyone had said a word. But they gave him a super homework diary, better than mine!

The school run went surprisingly well, but this was due to my being late for the boys and a lot of the cars had already got away. But next week J stays for the full day and I’ll have to be early to get a good space to get away within half an hour to get the boys. I guess I’d better enjoy this week whilst it lasts.

--x--

Today’s been an odd day. And I’m blaming it on my sleep issues again. I went to bed early last night and got a full seven hours sleep. Without tablets too!

But I’ve remembered why I don’t like sleeping a full night – I can remember my dreams. And I don’t get good dreams like other people.



--x--

And guess what? My bra’s just broke! Seriously! It’s just snapped, in the middle. It must be me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Your bra broke? Damn, girl, you're going to need a new weather girl.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 4:49:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

I think the first day of school is just as huge for the mom as it is for the kids (even if it is a shorter event for her). Both of my kids went back to school today. And I'm drinking tonight. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:42:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Don't you have buses? My kids get picked up at my house.

Anyway, according to your little clock it's almost noon there. So you must be back from today's run. How did it go?

And are petrol prices going through the roof over there too?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 10:50:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

There must be a lot of contentment for you to provide so much merriment for others. More people should do pratfalls, and such.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 2:50:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Maureen, We have buses, but they pick up and drop off two busy roads away, and P's only just old enough to catch it (so this is just occurring to me!) Unfortunately I did't get back from the lunchtime run till nearly one today - but thanks for thinking of me :o)

And yes petrol prices are becoming a real concern!

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:32:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I don't mean to be stupid but I gotta ask, what's a Guernsey?

I'm 2 weeks into the school run and I'm sick of it already. I get there 30 minutes early to get a good spot too. Today I was first in the car line. Hurray!

Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:46:00 am  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Oh how cool. I just noticed your clock (I'm a little slow) and see that as you are getting up to start the day I am heading off to bed. (It's 11:45pm here and 5:45am where you are). How cool!

Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:48:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Daisy Mae, Guernsey is our sister isle and their jumpers are identical, except their's don't have anchors embossed on the chest.

I like the clock too, thanks! (and I also like to know the time zones ;o))

Thursday, September 08, 2005 2:10:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home