Wednesday, August 31, 2005

This is harder than you might think

I’ve been sitting here trying to write a post. But knowing a real live person might read this, is scary.

I know that must sound strange, of course I know you’re all real live people (hey, I read your blogs and see how human you really are!) but knowing I might have a spoken conversation about something I’ve written is putting me off.

And I think I kind of knew this would happen. This is what I’m like about writing. It’s not that the BH hasn’t ever read anything I’ve written (I swear, he has!), but it’s never really been his type of thing so… he’s not read much.

It’s one of the reasons I started visiting writing sites. I thought it would be ideal with ‘everyone in the same boat’. But that's not what happened for me. I guess your boat depends on your confidence level, and I’ve got a submarine.

But now I’m having an argument with myself! Haven’t I bored you all senseless with pages of my shit? AND YOU’RE STILL HERE! (Though this might just be because you get a good laugh at a hopeless housewife on the road to insanity, and I’ll admit this is a good enough reason for me to read some blogs - not yours, of course!).

So this can only be good for me!

Yes.

I can almost feel the positive force as I write!

The BH WILL like what I say (at least if he wants dinner tonight!*), and my confidence will bloom! I shall become a hit slut** and inform the world I have arrived. People will flock here for my wisdom and wit. Shortly thereafter, being declared SuperMom of the twenty-first century, my children will bow to my command! (this last one is of course, my ultimate dream.)

And then Hell will freeze over!


Ohh bugger, I bet I wake up.

--x--

*Message for BH: Joke-Frank-joke! (private joke ;o))
** 2nd message for the BH: A hit slut is nothing to worry about (I swear!) and I’ll explain later.


--x--

I’m ready to post. But in the intervening hours from when I started this post (yes it can take that long with the interruptions) to now, my BH has come home. And raised an eyebrow at an old post. Can you see the water line rising? I’m going to have to get him to okay this before I post.

He’s reading it…he’s smiling…he’s done the spellcheck!

6 Comments:

Blogger Jona said...

Thanks Moxie!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:47:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Let your husband know that I am a hit slut, and my wife still loves me.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 1:49:00 am  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

I have a difficult time writing sometimes because I know my husband is going to read it and I often wonder what he will think. I'm glad he has his own blog too, that makes it much easier. Keep posting, I'm sure he'll love being able to see this side of you. ;-)

Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:22:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Geffray" is my kind of guy. "If at first you succeed, show off again."

BH: Your wife is what is commonly known as a "comment whore." Nothing to worry about. She quits whoring when she gets up around 20. Then you get her back.

Hoss 1, Debi 0.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 5:00:00 pm  
Blogger Me said...

I feel the same on writting while people you know read your posts. But it's the way I feel, and if they don't like it, they don't have to read it.

My wife thinks that I have a 'secret' blog that I post on with no holds barred..Which I don't.

Thursday, September 01, 2005 6:02:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Doug - It's safe to say he still loves me too :o)

Anduin, I'm glad it's not just me! And I hope so.

Thanks Hoss ;o) (I had to explain that!!)

Latin Lover, very true and I've already discovered he doesn't read as closely as he could! I bet he has a blog soon too, I wonder if he'll tell me...

Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:21:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home