Friday, September 09, 2005

Blimey, I’m exhausted!

I’ve just finished a marathon dance session with the kids! Of course when I say marathon, I mean three songs, but hey, I never claimed to be fit. Plus, I bounce a lot! As you can probably guess this isn’t the type of dancing one does in public, not that I ever dance in public, but I know this would be a dangerous sport if transferred to a dance floor.

The children and I gig about, jumping, twirling, and flaying our arms about, mostly to McFly or Busted, who we love (I have no shame!).

Luckily I stop before I embarrass myself and collapse on the floor, gasping for breath.

What has brought on this change of perspective, I hear you ask (go on, at least pretend you wondered!).

It’s because it’s Friday and I’ve got that *Crunchie feeling!

(*Any Brits reading may remember the advertising campaign that led to the Crunchie feeling (depending on how old you are!), but for other readers, just so you know, you can only have a Crunchie feeling on Fridays. If you have good vibes on other days of the week – that’s great, but it’s not a Crunchie feeling. )

I guess it’s just a form of anticipation. Of what I don’t know. Or much care. But anticipation is my favourite feeling and I only get it on Fridays now!

It’s not like I expect Saturday or Sunday to be any less busy than the week we’ve nearly finished, and it’s not like I can humour my appalling sleeping habits to a much greater degree – I don’t know what it is, just a hope and an urge to bounce!

Hope you all get that Crunchie Friday feeling and get the chance to dance!

--x--

Turning the tables on the BH, I looked over his shoulder and found him doing this last night. Ask them to remove their tops! Even I laughed ;o)

6 Comments:

Blogger Daisy Mae said...

The last time I got that Crunchie Friday feeling I took an extra long shower. Seriously it makes me wish I were a Brit so I would have seen the ad.

Okay missy, I clicked on the BH's link and I typed in "take off your tops". I am watching and listening to the cool music they are playing with it and in walks the hubby catching me. Keep in mind that today I blogged about the female gym teacher that is flirting with me and then the hubby catches me looking at girls stripping down to their bras. The hubster is worried. Maybe it'll keep him on his toes, eh? :-)

Saturday, September 10, 2005 5:00:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

I used to dance my daughter around the kitchen table to "Brown Eyed Girl". She isn't brown-eyed. She's red-haired and green-eyed, but it was a lot of fun.

She's too big and way too cool for that now. :-)

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:11:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Daisy Mae - LOL, sorry! You'll have to send him here so he can see it's my BH's fault!

Maureen - I'm lucky 'coz none of mine are old enough (yet!) to know I dance like a nutter! I guess I should make the most of it :o) Your daughter sounds like she has beautiful colouring.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 12:35:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

Sigh, What a looser I must be!
First of all, I don't know what that "crunchie feeling" is, never heard of it and can't find it accurately on the internet.
secondly, no matter what I type, those two girls just lean on the bar and stare at me. I can't get them to do a thing! (Just like real life!)

Saturday, September 10, 2005 2:27:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Mark - You're being negative! And you didn't actually miss much ;o)

Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:13:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I got it! Each house on the Island is a vingtaine, and the woman of the house is the unpaid cop. That's because women are used to not being paid for their work. Do I have it right? I thought so.

Keep on crunchin'.

Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:30:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home