Monday, September 19, 2005

I avoid confrontation

But you already know that, right? You know I wouldn’t usually be telling a trio of gas workmen they had a nerve pretending to be such idiots, don’t you?

Of course they might not have been pretending, maybe they were idiots. After all, if there’s a suspected gas leak, how clever is it to block a nursery school car park entrance with a big van? Especially when the car park’s full and everyone’s trying to leave.

When they first told me they weren’t moving I laughed. But I shut up pretty damn quick when they walked away. In fact I was lost for words.

But I will admit to admiring their courage. Imagine cars full of mothers and hungry children, some with their engines running, and they strode around with total indifference.

Even when I asked if they were planning to explode us all.

Of course by the time a couple of other mothers had gotten out of their cars and evened the numbers up, their bravado waned.

Mine has too now. I don’t know what came over me. I'll blame it on the near full moon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

O Lord, O got so excited about the remedy, that I stopped reading before the BTW bit.

Now I've got homeless snails, rushing around on a sugar high, and this awful taste at the back of my throat.

I haven't got bronchitis though.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:10:00 am  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Do not take this medicine if you plan to enter the pole vault later in the day because snail urine is known to contain steroids, which, of course, are illegal for pole vaulters and a few other athletes.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 3:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home