Monday, September 12, 2005

That went surprisingly well!

J had her first full day at school today. Typically I was running later than planned.

But.

Something incredible happened.

Her school has a parking attendant! I’ve never seen anything so organised and calm. I love this school!

The attendant was so nice and when I explained I didn’t have a clue which queue I was supposed to be in, he said I was fine where I was and spent ten minutes telling me all the tricks to get in and out of the car park quickly and safely. What a guy. What a school!

In contrast I had to head over to the boys school immediately after. Total chaos and it took me three trips up and down the hill to find a space. I finally parked illegally and ran to the pick up point!

The eldest R had ‘English written’ for his homework tonight. He was supposed to write two stories, one on his happiest memory, one on his saddest.

But he couldn’t think of a single sad thing that has ever happened to him. I named a few things that saddened me in the last decade, but he was honest and said he didn’t feel those things really effected him.

P was listening and said Dingbat might be dead by the time we got home, and then R could write about that. When we arrived home and saw (much to my relief) Dingbat is still with us, P offered to scare him into a heart attack. He thought his own idea hilarious. Hopefully this means he was joking.

Other news includes me getting told I could be reported for possible child abuse. This came about because when S and I arrived at nursery this morning I began chatting with Aunty Mim, whilst Aunty Fi shot off to find one of S’s painting they had meant to give me Friday. Seeing as I’m given between four and fourteen paintings a week (and this is my fourth child!) I laughed and told Aunty Fi not to search too hard, we could live without the odd one.

Mim informed me this could be a sign of child abuse. They've just finished a course and apparently all parents should show absolute glee at their little darling’s latest masterpiece. All loving parents that is.

I’m not too worried, if the social services turn up I shall show off my art covered walls and ask if there are any laws about the visual abuse us parents have to endure with a smile :o)

But that does lead to another titbit. I’m going to attend a parenting course for 0-10 year olds, starting next week. The Aunties at nursery thought this very amusing, and asked what I hoped to gain.

Truth is, I don’t know.

I guess I’m just searching for ways to make my life less stressed, and it may offer ideas to help. And it can’t hurt. I hope.

8 Comments:

Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Who would have thought a school would have a parking attendant? I'm amazed too! :) Good luck on the praenting class, and you're right, it can't hurt! :) Thanks for frequenting my blog again - I had wondered where all my female commentators had disappeared to... :)

Monday, September 12, 2005 11:12:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Well I reckon I am guilty of child abuse too. Somehow quite a few of my childrens paintings and drawings jumped into the garbage can. I found a great thing to do with them though, I would mail them to the grandmas. A brilliant idea until last year when my mother sold her house and mailed every single painting and drawing back to me. It took 2 boxes to mail them all. That was revenge if ever I saw it!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:04:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

My dad always insisted that the definition of "child abuse" was abuse suffered by parents at the hands of their children. The older I get, the more I agree.

That's truly a shame about the Jersey bells. Have the ones that sank been resurrected???

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:33:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

WM - I'm often at your site, I just don't say a lot ;o)

Daisy Mae - I couldn't interest you in any art then?

Amanda Matilda - No, those bells were never resurrected to my knowledge, but the churches all have bells now :o)

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 3:11:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

How deep is the water where those bells are, do you think?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:26:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

The things society considers child abuse these days!

Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:44:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Hey, Debi, I got some great ideas on how to handle the zero-year-olds. Let me know if you want me to email this stuff.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 12:18:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Mark, how is it I know what you're thinking?! Lol, I have no idea!


Hoss, I'm always open to ideas on how to handle little people! Email away :o)

Wednesday, September 14, 2005 6:50:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home