Saturday, September 24, 2005

I can't do anything!

Umm, I’ve been thinking, which isn’t easy for several reasons. You know most of them, well four of them anyway. As for the others…I reckon you’ve heard enough of my moans this week.

But back to the point - I think I’ve thought myself out of my low ebb, of course I won’t know for sure till the never-ending, mind-numbing, soul-eating routine starts again on Monday – but fingers crossed!

It may also be because Saturdays are turning into a little slice of heaven! For forty minutes whilst our eldest girls attend ballet class, my good friend Cass and I have time for a chat. This may sound minor to normal people, but it’s special to us because we off-load all our other little darlings and go for a drink IN A PUB. Of course we limit ourselves to coffee and orange juice, but it’s a thrill just to go someplace without any children around! (though there was a woman with a baby buggy in there today – but no baby – umm, some odd people hang about pubs at lunchtime!)

Today was the second time we’ve done it and already we’re developing a routine (same order, same table, and same grins of astonishment), unfortunately there was a football match on the big screens, so it was busier than expected. Noisier too, and we had to watch that, because every so often the din hushed and we were still on high volume.

And then I got caught.

It’s bloody unbelievable. There I was, having a sneaky moment without the hoard, when who should pull up at the traffic lights right outside the window we were sitting at? Yep, the hoard!

The BH wasn’t smiling when he saw me, and his eyebrows rose when I gave a little wave. The kids on the other hand, were bouncing up and down with delight at catching their mother in such a situation! And Cass thought it was pretty funny too.

She asked what the BH had mouthed to me as he drove forward, ‘Lush!’ (but he smiled at the same time!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Coulda been worse.

Coulda been in there with a guy.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 4:03:00 am  
Blogger Pernicious Panda said...

I know exactly what you mean about how a single hour of adult conversation can renew your soul, pub or not. Good for you!

Sunday, September 25, 2005 4:48:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Doug, this is *me* we're talking about!

Thank you Hoss :o)

Thanks Amanda, and yes - it's the little things that keep me going ;o)

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:32:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your "Vitae" never sounds too "Lentula"
;-)

Monday, September 26, 2005 1:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home