Sunday, October 02, 2005

October already!

The last few mornings it’s been raining. It’s got cold too, and the leaves have started falling. This used to be my favourite time of year, but that was mostly when I got to pick when I ventured outside.

Not these days. These days I worry about how slippery the roads are, whether the kids should of worn a jumper and if it’ll be raining at the weekend, because when it rains at the weekend I have to prepare for some of the kids going stir crazy from the lack of fresh air, and the others getting me soaked as I play good mommy and stand on muddy pitches cheering them on.

Sundays are particularly cruel, as the rugby club insist we’re there for nine. Not even churches are so pitiless.

It wasn’t even properly light when the alarm went off this morning, and no hope of sunshine greeted me. Then I found P still in bed reluctant to move, as the rain fell.

But I didn’t get out of my warn bed for nothing and was past going back to sleep! And by eight-thirty we were off (can you tell I’m making an extra effort to get places on time these days?)

I even smiled when I saw there were parking spaces still to be had alongside the pitch. Lots of them.

Too many.

No training today (there was probably a letter). *sob* I got out of my warm bed for half an hours driving on a cold Sunday morning!

Still, I haven’t wasted my extra morning. I rallied the troops into getting ready for school before it becomes a panic. Now the bags are packed, homework is getting finished, the girls’ hair is washed and combed (always a trauma), we still haven’t found P’s shoes but the rest are polished, and I’m writing a post!

The best part is, now it’s October I don’t have to be strict and refuse to put the heating on. So here I am, inside and warm, and at this rate the ironing might even get done today. Oh, and the sun has just started shining, if it lasts we may head out for a walk and enjoy the colours.

6 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I love it when you can feel cheery in the rain. Stiff upper lip, and all that.

You mean this zoo has got jumping spiders and yetis and Loch Ness monsters? Rare things like that?

Sunday, October 02, 2005 3:42:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

I thought the Channel islands had a semi-tropical climate? Try living on the edge of the North sea with the wind whistling down directly from Moscow.

Monday, October 03, 2005 6:53:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

What can I say, Dave, I've got thin blood ;o) and the only people who consider it semi-tropical are those living to the north!

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:18:00 am  
Blogger Huw said...

I was wondering about this morning cursing how dark and miserable it was. It was only later I learnt we had been experiencing a solar eclipse....

Thanks for the link by the way. Oh, and I also love your little spam poison gadget - I've pinched it!

Monday, October 03, 2005 11:29:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

Hi Huw, geek that I am, I have pictures of this morning's partial eclipse!

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:07:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

100 grey cloud cover in North Norfolk, so no sign of it, other than it looked a bit greyer!

Monday, October 03, 2005 3:36:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home