Wednesday, October 26, 2005

At least it’s Wednesday.

The school term is catching up with me and I’m reaching the full-time exhaustion level. I would say ‘luckily it is half term next week,’ but I’m wincing whenever I remember.

To explain, I may as well list the people I’m supposed to be seeing (with the added bonus for me, of knowing who I have to call). Laura, Debbie, Cass, Amanda, Sue, Judith, Jenny, Anita and Fiona.

Thinking I can treble up Amanda, Sue and Judith, as they all know and like each other. Anita, Jenny and Fiona may get a call, but are the easiest to put off. Laura’s one of my best friends, and I need to see her. Debbie I have to call because I didn’t in the summer and I really must try and keep my word occasionally. And Cass, well I boo-booed and bleated on the phone about all the people I had committed to, whereupon she announced ‘I guess this is your way of saying you’re cancelling,’ luckily she was laughing!

I also agreed to a children get together at the playzone, dinner next Friday night, and now the BH has suggested he take a day off.

Why do I do it?

I think I can manage it all, but I need to get the lawnmower serviced so I can cut the grass, or else my carpet will be even more trashed than it already is. And if the BH takes Monday off I can clean the house, and mow the lawn (if it’s not raining!). Already remembered to tell the swimming and guitar teachers we won’t be making the lessons next week, and my parents are away from Tuesday so there won’t be any pressure from them.

The real horror of the week is Friday night. I don’t want to go. But I can’t even express why – though I have a theory that I panic when the kids aren’t about giving me purpose. Whatever the reason, I’m already fretting about what I shall wear. Which reminds me, Cass wants to do lunch one Saturday, but I’ve been waiting for a weekend without parties. Umm. Checked diary, two next weekend. But might cry off one as it doesn’t finish till 5:30 Sunday night and I KNOW I won’t be thrilled about that when the day comes!

Oh, also, I really want to try this NaNo write. Haven’t registered yet, but I still might. Got an idea buzzing. Blimey I’m waffling. This is reading like an email, not a post. Right, I’m off, going to try and clean the office – if I manage it, I shall then register with NaNo write (Yep, I do deals with myself, only bloody way I get anything done!)

Oh yeah, and I forgot to make dinner today!!! Seriously, I just forgot. I was standing at school and was thinking about how I wished I was going to be home before five o’clock and wondered what was on the meal menu for dinner. Not a good feeling when it dawned on me whatever it was, it should've been in the oven already! Have decided cooking proper meals is not always wise, as there are times oven ready are needed!

4 Comments:

Blogger wanbli said...

Take one thing at a time. The others just have to wait

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:56:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think you should just do laundry all the time and skip all the niceties.

Don't they do take-out pizza in Joisey?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:10:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

If an alien came by tomorrow and whisked you off in his starship, you'd miss all this.

Thursday, October 27, 2005 2:23:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Update: two of my friends are going away (I hope I didn't sound as pleased about it as them ;o)).

Hoss - You know what's really sad - it didn't even occur to me to go for take out! I missed an opportunity there!

Dave - Yeah, just think ;o)

Thursday, October 27, 2005 4:18:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home