Thursday, October 27, 2005

It's all in the detail

Things are really annoying me today. Everything in fact.

It started when I woke and remembered my dream, which was unusual but welcome (I mean recalling the dream, not the dream itself). But within minutes it was gone, and the more I tried to remember the faster it vanished. I’m really bummed about this! I want to remember my dreams! Almost everyone else seems to be able tell me in detail what they dream about, and I feel left out!

Next to irritate was P. We didn’t have a good day yesterday, and I suppose I began this morning wary of what might set him off (yesterday it was about his shirt cuffs being too long). Today it was his breakfast. He wanted toast – which was fine, I don’t mind doing him toast and jam – but I’M NOT A BLOODY MIND READER and if he doesn’t actually ask…

The traffic was also a nightmare. As it has been all week. I don’t know what going on as there are no road-works, and I’m now leaving fifteen minutes earlier and arriving ten minutes later! And why am I always behind the twit who isn’t bothered if he makes the lights? And why the heck do they always make it through on orange and I get stuffed on red?! And I really must stop letting people out! I let one woman out, and then she goes on to pass the favour to every damnable car she sees!!

Next up was the dog walk. It should have been wonderful. The tide was just right, the sun was out, and we’re having the warmest October in a century (???). But the wind was blowing, and I mean BLOWING. After ten minutes my ears were so sore I had to give up.

Once home I threatened the dish-washer again. Hey, the threatening worked yesterday! We ended up doing a deal, it would work, and I shall stop being so tight and buy the salt and expensive descaler wash. (It had its pampering this afternoon, so it’d better work tonight!)

After that I actually had quite a nice morning as I went to Cass’s and drank tea on her patio, whilst the baby slept. It was the most civilised hour of the week.

I’m not even going to get into lunchtime with S. Let’s just say I’m glad I hadn’t swept the floor before I gave her couscous!

I was also supposed to make dinner at this point, but stew isn’t stew when you’ve forgotten to buy the onions.

Then we had to go shopping for the lawnmower sparkplug. Other than saying I followed the BH’s instructions, I can’t say much because he’s reading. But in future I shall trust my own instinct and go the shop I thought of first.

Onto ballet which wasn’t too much of a hassle, except the road we park in had road-works so they’d cancelled the parking and we had to walk twice as far. Which in turn, meant I was running to get back to it so I could reach J’s school before she came out. And once I had her, I had to get back to ballet to pick up S and meet the boys. It all went surprisingly well, but for the tiff with J about eating chocolate in my car and R trying to diddle me out of a pound (when will the fool realise I can add up?!)

And the rest was the usual chaos. Not so bad now I’m writing it down. And if I stop now I’ll have time for a relaxing bath. Ooo, that sounds good!

--x--

P.S. Are any other Brits watching Eastenders? Phil and Grant are back!! Yipeeeee!! Think I may start watching again :o)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a rough day, hope the bath helped.
It's important to write your dreams down, I know you've heard it before, but it is true. It takes practise to remember dreams and writing actually helps.
Am I your first commentater? Such an honor!

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:27:00 pm  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

I do hate that when your dream fades away as you're trying to remember it, but I think that's because your brain begins to start thinking of the day you have ahead of you and those thoughts crowd out that dream.... like fog clearing up. Stay foggy tomorrow morning for a bit longer :) - is that possible w/four children?

Thursday, October 27, 2005 8:34:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Jersey Fact: Did you know that Sir Walter Raleigh...???

Now that you have all those kids, have you figured out what is causing it?

Friday, October 28, 2005 12:29:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My head was spinning just reading your post. Your days sound so busy.

P.S. I hardly remember my dreams either.

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:58:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

One of these days, I really have to get around to posting my experiences with dream manipulation. It gets scary. You don't want to go there.

On a lighter note -- damn, girl, you're getting some cute correspondents.

Friday, October 28, 2005 5:34:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Yes, I was noticing that about your readers. What's the trick? Apart from your goodself, of course, how do I get young ladies to my blog? ;-)

Friday, October 28, 2005 6:49:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

*anon* methinks you’re teasing ;o)

Susan – this morning I awoke and could remember a few scraps and made myself do some word associations so I might recall the dream. All I have of it now is – Hoss and homework (???!!!)

MOH – I know what you mean and as a lot of my dreams seem to be bad (from all my shouting and screaming the BH mentions!), but still, just occasionally…

Hoss – I’m hiding my location now, and I *think* I know what caused the kids (a comedy of errors ;o))

Lita, it actually wasn’t that busy a day!

Doug – Do post about dream manipulation – I would love to hear about it.

Dave, I agree with you and Doug, a very attractive collection - and I’m sure they come because of the calibre of male commenters :o)

Friday, October 28, 2005 2:58:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Good Lord, you crammed all of that into one day?! And you found time to blog too? I feel so useless now. I do maybe 1/10 of what you do and I am exhausted from it.

It was funny to see you use the word "diddle" in a nice way as it means a bad thing in our house. tee-hee.

Friday, October 28, 2005 5:37:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Daisy Mae - Diddle isn't good in our house either, just one step away from scammed! (And it's only diddled becuase I can't be sure his mistake was intentioanl ;o))

Friday, October 28, 2005 8:44:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

LOL.

Around here, diddled = fiddled.

Friday, October 28, 2005 9:09:00 pm  
Blogger wanbli said...

Have a pen and paper, next to your bed, and wright down what first comes up to your mind when you wake, and then read later in the day (if you have the time), and maybe then you can remember more from your dreams

Saturday, October 29, 2005 4:13:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home