Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Just the usual

I’m cold. As usual. I’m tired. As usual. And the BH won’t be home till late, so I haven’t even got anything immediate to look forward to. Oh, and P has been off school sick, again. Except I don’t think he is sick, more like playing me for a fool. So I’m probably a tad stressed too. And as for the writing! What was I thinking?! It was a good job it started last week when it was half term and I had some stupid idea I’d have time for it, ‘coz if it’d been this week I never would have got started. But now I am started. And although I’m horribly behind, I can’t give up. I won’t. That’s just admitting I’m too useless to do what I’m always bitching I want to be doing. And should be doing right now. Except I’ve only got ten minutes till dinner is ready, so there’s no point as it takes me longer than that to get going. I’m like that with a lot of things, slow to start. And then I tend to get bored. Or a headache. Guess which one I have right now*?



* (Hint: it ain’t boredom)

6 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I have all sorts of writing jobs that I ought to be doing, but I keep procrastinating, and reading blogs instead. Unfortunately I have publication deadlines, but for the last couple of years (since I've been on my own, as it happens) I seem to have lost motivation to deal with things like that, and so I wait until the last moment - totally unlike me in every other way.

Oh, and I've got a headache too.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 4:55:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Famour writers always are stressed when there's an important deadline looming, also that's when a lot of them do their best writing!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:22:00 pm  
Blogger wanbli said...

What are you writing about? Maybe we could help?

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 5:30:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can empathize. As I sit here reading your post I am stressing over the fact that I need to have 3 chapters tightened up, a synopsis written and a page and a half (single spaced) paper for my homework all by 8 o'clock tonight. I knew I needed the chapters and synopsis a month ago.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 6:26:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Wanbli – Umm, I’m not even sure! It started as one thing (a romance) but the characters like doing their own thing (which I guess means I’m undisciplined), and it’s turning into a fantasy. And at this rate, it could be a child’s fantasy at that! Sadly unless someone is willing to share a magic stopwatch or gift me a nanny, I don’t think anyone can help, but thanks for offering :o)

Lita & Dave – you’re both publisher authors! You’re supposed to be laughing at me, not empathising ;o)

*Anon*, Lol, I wouldn’t suggest holding your breathe in my case ;o)

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 7:21:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

You had just enough time to give me a Jersey fact. Or did Jersey history end in the 1100's?

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 8:00:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home