Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Yippeeeeee

I remember this feeling! It’s wonderful, and it’s been such a long time since I’ve felt like this. I thought my muse had deserted me for good, but he’s back and whispering in my ear constantly. Right now, if I had the choice, I would sit at my keyboard from dawn to dusk.

I can’t pretend my writing has improved, if anything I think it’s got worse, and it remains to be seen if I shall bother to return to this story to add some description and correct my atrocious grammar.

But what do I care? I don’t write for others, and I’m pleasing myself immensely! Coincidentally yesterday, Lita and Mark both caught some of the magic of why I enjoy it so much. Mark with his What Ifs, and Lita with her Memory Prompts, writing lets me live different lives whilst capturing the memories of this one. Am I getting a tad dreamy? Damn right I am and loving every second of it!

I just wish I could make this last. But I know it won’t, because with me it’s a state of mind. And not an entirely healthy one. My eyelashes are falling out and I think my alopecia is coming back, and the weight is coming off me so fast I could wear big knickers if I wanted without the worry of knickers lines in my jeans. No, the time will come when I shall have to gag my muse. And he doesn’t take kindly to that and tends to vanish in a strop.

Still, I have a little time left and the dream isn't done yet.



Back in real life: the boy can't go back to school till tomorrow, even though he's been fine (big surprise there!), and this afternoon, Wednesday and Thursday are horribly busy so I expect my word count to slow (well, only if I want to sleep, which is another irritaing inconvience!)

7 Comments:

Blogger MarkD60 said...

Look at that word count! it's rocketing up there!
Yippeeeeee

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:09:00 am  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

You are more than halfway there! When the boy stays home, make him "act sick" by staying in bed all day. No toys, games, TV or socializing with you. Make it like he NEEDS his rest to get well. If it's boring enough and his sickness is in his head, that will snap him out of it. And if he really is sick, he really does need exrta rest. Plus, you can keep that word count steady. It's a win-win. :)
Lois Lane

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 12:15:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

How lucky, no writers block for you! Do we all get a read when it is finished? I hope so.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 6:36:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I bet sleep comes hard when you're excited like this. But do take some time to smell the pig slop.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 1:43:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad that I was able to post something that was helpful to you. I am so impressed with your word count.

I know it is difficult to write when you have children fighting for your attention. You may not be writing for anyone but yourself right now but you never know.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 3:20:00 pm  
Blogger Sabine said...

I've entered into a private competition with you, Jonah. Competition may be the wrong word, but every time I see your wordcount go up over mine, it spurs me to get my act in gear and get writing.

So, my hearty thanks to your muse!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:38:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Maureen - lol, well I guess if you're playing that game, I shall have to too! Darn, you're ahead right now, but just wait till the weekend ;o)

Thursday, November 17, 2005 8:17:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home