Monday, November 14, 2005

Nothing new here!

I think I might be living groundhog day! On the positive side, this means I get to tell you the ‘Saint’ cleaned and tidied the house for me again yesterday (although he is getting a tad fed up with not having a wife at the moment). On the negative, I’ve just had to collect P from school again! Though he did manage an entire hour today.

Neither the school nor I really know what to do. You see on Friday we agreed to gang up on him – not that he knew this – we just decided that from now on we’d ignore P’s claims of feeling poorly until such time as we saw for ourselves he really was ill. So when he raised his hand and said he didn’t feel right his teacher and assistant left the room and decided they’d give me a ring to let me know, but not to pick him up.

Unfortunately they hadn’t even finished dialling my number when he proved in a most grand fashion, that he really was feeling sick.

I felt so guilty when I picked him up and felt the need to apologise for letting him eat a bowl of Shreddies and four slices of toast this morning. But he didn’t feel ill then. They nodded cheerfully, rushed us out the door, and no doubt went and washed their hands again.

I don’t really mind him being home, as it’s not like I had any plans beyond tapping at my keyboard (YAY!!), but I’ve got an extra child to pick up tonight and can’t contact her mother to check she doesn’t mind her little darling being exposed to Master Chuck-up. And if I didn’t have the ‘extra’ I could have got J picked up for me and asked R to walk home, that way earning an extra hour at the keyboard, grumble -grumble.

Having said that it probably does me good to get out of my dark, smoky den occasionally. Got to find the silver lining ;o)

And by the way, I want to say a BIG *THANK YOU* for all your nice comments. You guys really give me a boost! And I know this blog’s turning to s**t because my non-existent life has become even less interesting with this writing thing, but I am SOOOOO enjoying myself, and your kind supportive words keep the guilt at bay :o)

10 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

At least you are still popsting something for us to read. So we can't complain.

Not that we would, you understand.

Being such nice, supportive people.

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:54:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

popsting? I suspect I meant posting. Really must check before pressing enter.

Monday, November 14, 2005 11:55:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

Debi - do you think he might have a food sensitivity to something he's eating school-day mornings? A food or chemical sensitivity might explain the behaviour issues as well.

I have to run before Doug finds me practising without a license again!

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:11:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Thanks Dave and FTS :o)

Maureen - that's an interesting idea, and I purposefully keep him off additives and colouring in the morning so he isn't hyper! He eats at least three rounds of toast each and every morning, though the shreddies (not sugared) he doesn't usually have, but I was late getting into the kitchen today! But I'm thinking this should definitely be something to try and shall take him shopping tomorrow in the hope of persuading him to stay off the bread. Thank you!

Monday, November 14, 2005 5:24:00 pm  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Keep up the great work! You've got a nice team of cheerleaders right here! And let me tell ya, Dave looks hot in his mini skirt. ;)
Lois Lane

Monday, November 14, 2005 7:15:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Your boy did not prove anything in grand fashion. He proved it "effluently." Glad to help out.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 1:12:00 am  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Awww...sorry to hear the lad was sick again today! Hope he gets to feeling better soon.... :)

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 3:50:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Sorry, did I miss something there? What is No_Newz talking about?

I look hot in anything!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 9:35:00 am  
Blogger Dave said...

Oh, cheerleaders. Just got it. Sorry, bit dim today.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 10:02:00 am  
Blogger Southern Sweetheart said...

Cute Dave... real cute! haha

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:10:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home