Friday, November 25, 2005

That weather girl is such a liar!

Do you see her down there (go on scroll down!) looking all perky and smug in her little jacket! Honestly, we’re having a weirdest weather ever here today and she’s standing around with the sun over her shoulder.

It’s not that we’re not having moments of sunshine, we do, right in between the hail and sleet, but she’s leading you astray by standing around looking all calm and collected.

We had that much hail this morning, I ended up having a hairy-scary moment trying to drive up a hill. The wheels just kept spinning, as J laughed and asked why I was messing about! Yeah, and that driver behind me really needn’t of proved how clever she was driving a 4x4, by staying so close I couldn’t see her headlights. I almost took my foot off the accelerator just to get the last laugh ;o)

--x--

Added: Ha! The weathergirl heard me, and has at last got her brolly out!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

Yes, but she still looks too calm and collected. Perhaps you could have her animated, where she's dodging hail. Or else have the wind turn her umbrella inside out and show her getting soaked while she tries to get it back right :)

Friday, November 25, 2005 12:34:00 pm  
Blogger Chris & Cheryl said...

Our weather in So. California has been unusual too. Normally by this time of year it has gotten cold (for us that would be 50's at night and 60's in the day) but we've been having daytime highs in the 80's and 90's instead. It may sound nice to you, but this is the only way we know that winter is here. Haven't had much for rain either. Right now I envy you your hail and rain.

Friday, November 25, 2005 3:08:00 pm  
Blogger Jona said...

Ivy, That might be a little too like me for comfort!

Hi IW - I'm about three miles from mine, makes you realise how fickle clouds are ;o)


AA - Be careful what you wish for!!

Friday, November 25, 2005 4:12:00 pm  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Your monitor says that I'm the 6666th visitor. How lucky for me!

My favorite hail story: in Texas, we had a desert tortoise who roamed our backyard. One day, when we were getting hail the size of baseballs, Karen convinced me I had to go out and rescue the tortoise. I put on my bike helmet but I still got beaten up around the back and shoulders. Hail falling at terminal velocity is no joke ;o)

Saturday, November 26, 2005 4:53:00 pm  
Blogger MarkD60 said...

I thought I was the only one to ever call it a "brella"

Saturday, November 26, 2005 8:52:00 pm  
Blogger Daisy Mae said...

My weather girl is a nitwit tonight. It is 37 degrees and she is wearing a shortie top that shows her belly ring again. She's such a tart.

Sunday, November 27, 2005 5:49:00 am  
Blogger Monique said...

Those weather girls just never get it right.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Monday, November 28, 2005 5:11:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home