Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Getting seriously stressed!

I’m wading through the mud again, clawing my way to the end of term. But I’ve been wondering if my sheer desperation to have a break from the school runs, is as a result of the term being too long, or whether it’s all in my mind because I know a break is approaching?

And this year I’m making sure it is a break! I’ve ignored the pleas to attend tennis club, I’ve binned the intensive swimming lessons leaflets, I’ve reminded the guitar teacher we’re term time only, and I’ve told all my friends we’re out of circulation!

Only another week and two days to go (just two days for S), and then…sweet nothing for seventeen whole days. Except that Christmas thing of course.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lois Lane said...

Your break is coming. Don't forget to breathe. :)
Lois Lane

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 6:57:00 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

For some of us, of course, things are just starting to get really busy from now until 26/12!

Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:07:00 pm  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

17 days of having rug rats under your feet? You will long for days like this, when they are all in school.....

Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:46:00 am  
Blogger Sabine said...

What's the weather like there, Jona? Do you get snow for Christmas?

Thursday, December 08, 2005 3:01:00 am  
Blogger Ivy the Goober said...

You deserve a break! Enjoy every moment of it, the time will likely fly!

Thursday, December 08, 2005 6:19:00 am  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

If I get another "Are you ready for the holidays?" from my patients, I'm gonna scream.

No, we're not ready, because all I need are Hannukah candles, and no one bloody well sells them around here.

Check out my poem for you & Maureen over at Maureen's place.

(*Ducking*)

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:03:00 am  
Blogger Jona said...

No newz - I knew I was forgetting something!

Dave, I was making light of the mountain that's about to drop ;o)

Hoss, I really should try and film the school run - kids are easier!!

Maureen - Twenty years ago we used to get snow, now hardly ever. But you never know :o)

MOH - I will have to tidy a bit as things are verging on desperate, but I won't go mad for the entire time ;o)

Ivy - I know, holidays always go too quick!

Doug, eBay? (Ducking eh? You put that bath duck back!)

Nadia, I'll be by to take a look, thanks.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 9:15:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home